Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyjet 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Is there anywhere where I can see the 18/19 easy jet flight time schedule or do I have to wait until realesed this week? I am most interested in the aberdeen geneva route.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tickets for flights between 28th October 2018 and 3rd February 2019 will go on sale later this week on Thursday, 12th April 2018.

This period of course covers Christmas 2018 and New Year 2018/19.

Then two weeks later on Thursday 26th April 2018 the airline will put tickets valid from 4th February – 24th March 2019 on sale, covering the peak February 2019 half-term ski holiday period.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RichClark, handy to know, thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bump - tickets now on sale! I've my xmas/NY flights booked - though I was a little slow, and so one was about £30 dearer than if I'd been up earlier NehNeh

I can't book anything else at the moment, not so far out. But I'll try to start planning...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
26th dec - 6 Jan £80 return
19th Jan weekend £42.50 return
26th Jan weekend £56 return
excellent VFM
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've spent less than £200 on my first three trips, one of them over New Year. Result.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Southampton Geneva out today - £23.00~
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@fixx, do they release them just after midnight? Just wondering if it is worth waiting up to get the ones released on the 26th?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Typical - this year they did a Saturday flight suitable for the BirthdayBash which I wasn't aware of and had better timing than RyanAir. It's not running on a Saturday next year. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

do they release them just after midnight?

Yes, IME. And yes, worth waiting up.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My flights to Manchester from GVA (21 Dec, 28 Dec) have gone from 128 this morning at 6.20 CET to £276. Of course it I lived near London I could still do it for £100. Expensive to live down south - Pah. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@trmacc, They were not up at 0400CET but were at 0620.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
good to know, thanks all.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I booked my lot at 7am and many flights were at the minimum £26. From seat choices, I was the first to book on most flights.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I waited up til just after 1am but they hadn't appeared yet, so I went to bed. Happened to wake up at 6.15am and they were out by then - £40 Edinburgh to Geneva (price went up from £36 during booking) and £22 for the return flight (Saturday, off peak).

By midday they were up to about £40-50 each way. Less popular routes hadn't increased so much though.

Saved £10-40 per person compared to previous years (when we booked a few weeks or months later), so not a big saving but every little helps!
ski holidays
Is it also time to buy a few euros as the rate is over 1.15 at the moment?
latest report
@Tignes addict, iirc currency speculation is the most elite of all the trading desks so I while I'd also love to know the answer to your question, I wouldn't take any notice of any answer I saw on a public forum.
ski holidays
A couple of questions,

Is there a limit to the number of tickets in a single purchase?

And do they immediately become available on Skyscanner or do you have to buy them direct?
snow report
Ooooh - Should I stay up until midnight or just set the alarm for about 6am? Need to book two different trips.
ski holidays
You couldn't script it!

Got up early to book some flights only to find the site is down for maintenance Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Yep also got up early. Website up now. Just got half term flights Thursday evening coming back following Monday £242 for 4 of us London / Geneva. Prices for Friday coming back following Sunday already v expensive.
latest report
Booked at 6am MAN to Milan for Feb half term Sat to Sunday £481 for 2 adults and 1 teen, seats and 23kg booked in bags, price went up by £4.71 during the start of booking and final payment, cheeky boogers! I guess once your nearly there it's easy for them to squeak another few quid per booking.
It's about £30 more expensive PP than this year, but for half term weekend flights I'm Happy.
snow report
At 625 return to Innsbruck is 800pp and I thought it would be good value Shocked
snow report
Just gone back on line, same flights now showing at £791 plus seats and bags, £400 increase in 45 mins rolling eyes
snow conditions
Checked at about 5.40. Luton to Geneva on a morning flight was about £400 pp now about £600pp. Last year we booked return flights at about 10am for £100pp. We’re booking a family of 4 and a family of 6.

No thanks, easyJet. Might have to drive this time.
ski holidays
As I've pointed out elsewhere on here, for £250/person you can have 2 return trips on BA in the season, on any dates you want, including baggage. That seems cheaper than most Easyjet fares for the peak week(s). Clearly doesn't work quite so well if you only go once!

My understanding, as I've flagged before, is that Easyjet's pricing algorithm changed last year, and no longer starts cheap on known peak weeks. I believe it always used to start low and look at sales velocity to determine how much and how fast to ramp prices, but now it incorporates prior year(s) experience to determine the starting point.
latest report
@geoffknight, I paid £161 for two incl baggage last year to Milan for half term in June. But half term split different weeks between North and South last year.
latest report
snowdave wrote:
As I've pointed out elsewhere on here, for £250/person you can have 2 return trips on BA in the season, on any dates you want, including baggage. That seems cheaper than most Easyjet fares for the peak week(s). Clearly doesn't work quite so well if you only go once!

Some mistake, surely. Everyone knows that BA are expensive while Easyjet and Ryanair are cheap. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
best I have managed is Edinburgh - Geneva for £56.68 return.....
ski holidays
@snowdave, can you point me to this £250 PP for 2 return flights promo?
latest report
@Jonny996, Not a promo as such, more an ongoing thing. Effectively you pre-purchase flights on a given route for a given booking window (e.g. 14 Jan-13 April) at a flat price per ticket, irrespective of the actual flight price on the date that you use the tickets. The cheapest you can get them is about £100/person return if you buy a lot of flights. I'm surprised more people on here don't use it - for anyone who's a regular on a particular route (e.g. LHR-EDI, or LGW-GVA) it can be a fantastic deal.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137668
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
best I have managed is Edinburgh - Geneva for £56.68 return.....

I've booked a whole season of flights and haven't paid £100 rtn for any of them. Best was £45 rtn.

Do we know when flights after 24th March are released?
snow conditions
Gatwick to Innsbruck 16/2 to 23/2 are now going for £1000 each
ski holidays
I was looking to book 4 at 5:30am today and they would have been £2300. So we're going a different route.
latest report
out of interest, did anyone on here manage to book a bargain for Bristol/Geneva feb half term 2019 (early morn sat 16th - late eve 23rd).
i looked at 7am this morning, i do it every year to justify to the OH why we do not fly as a family of 4, and they were going for £550pp without seat choice/baggage etc, now have gone up an extra £50 each.

yes, they could be achieved slightly cheaper (about -£50 each), but that would be going out late and coming back early, so would minimise time on the slopes.

am just asking to see if there are bargains to be had, or if so is it only one or two seats, then they rocket up.

or as @snowdave, says, do they not bother anymore as they know it is a captive market. if i had needed to fly, it would have totalled up to about £2600 or so, by the time you add in baggage/airport parking/transfer of car hire other end, whereas approx £800 to drive (including overnight hotels each way) and get 8 precious days on the slopes.
ski holidays
Gutted as I was waiting for a Birmingham-Grenoble flight with EJ but they appear not to be running this service for 2019

I looked at Bristol and Liverpool as options which worked out at about £160 return. By the time id waited till 6 to call our friends to book this the prices had more than doubled!

Does anyone know if the Birmingham flight is going to be released or not.

Alternatively has anyone done Eurostar to Lyon ? roughly how much is this ?

We have already booked accommodation for 16th-23rd Feb2019.

I may still have to take the car .......
snow report
@holte43, I pay P&O £36 each way. The tolls and diesel cost a bit more....
snow report
Quote:

Website says October, no specific date.
ski holidays
jarjer wrote:
Quote:

Website says October, no specific date.

Flights for after 24th March are released on 20th Sept.
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, thanks!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy