Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Prodigy 184cm with Rossignol FSK 140 binding - £260 ono

Poster: A snowHead
Faction Prodigy 184cm skis with Rossignol FSK 140 bindings, poles and carry bag.

£260.

UPDATE 20.08.18.
Now sold. No longer available. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 20-08-18 21:26; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What waist width are these guys?
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi - its there in the advert - though admittedly at the bottom below the SnowHeads link....

184cm length
Width 136 (tip), 98 (waist), 126 (tail) mm
10/150mm tip rocker
5/100mm tail rocker

Happy to consider a sensible offer.

Cheers. Chris.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bargain, especially if they don't need a remount.

@wallyspoons, it'd be useful if you state what bsl they're mounted for as Pivot bindings only have a few mm adjustment either way.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's there too!! Cheers though. Priced for a quick sale.
320mm

Full advert is copied below so folk don't need to eBay:

Hi

I am selling my lovely Faction Prodigy 184cm twin-tip all mountain freeride skis. I bought these at the end of the 2015-16 season (May 2016). They have been ski-ed for 9 days of the 2016-17 season and 1 day of the season just gone (2017-1Cool. Reason for selling is that I suffered a bad fall (on a blue run!) on the first day of my trip this March and sustained a nasty fracture of my tibia (skis unharmed!) I suspect my days of gnarly all mountain skiing are therefore over. I am sad to see them go, and was in two minds about hanging on to them, but have decided on balance that they'd be better used than sitting under my bed being looked at.

They are in good condition. They were serviced (completely) in January this year including binding check, PTX repair to the soles, edges reground and waxed. You can see the soles in close up in the enclosed photos. The marks you can see on the bases are all from the 2016-17 season and are repaired (ie. are flat). The only un-repaired scratch is at the tip of one of the skis: the short one nearest my finger in one of the photos.

Prodigy skis are twin tip twin rockered skis with a small camber underfoot. They are excellent in powder but also great on piste. They're a bit long for pure mogul skiing though can charge though chopped up pow and soft moguls really well.

They come complete with the bindings, poles and a carry bag.

Rossignol FSK bindings are state of the art: there are seven points of contact but a pivot beneath the knee that allows the heel to pop out rotationally if needed (this is different from a standard binding). See review here:

http://skibindingsreviews.net/bindings/rossignol/rossignol-fks-140.html

The bindings are drilled for 320mm boot bases at the all mountain ski centre (ie slightly back from true mid-ski) - this is the setup preferred for freeride skiing (as opposed to jumps / freestyle). If you have a different boot length you'll need to get them redrilled.

The whole package (skis, bag, poles and carry-tapes) cost well over £800 so make my loss your gain and grab yourself a bargain.

Ski geometry:
184cm
Width 136 (tip), 98 (waist), 126 tail (mm)
10/150mm tip rocker
5/100mm tail rocker

Delivery:
You may come and collect. We live about 5 minutes from Wetherby, just off the A1. I am prepared to deliver within about 50 miles of Leeds to a mutually convenient location within West Yorkshire or along the A1 / M1 / M62 corridors. I would charge 45p per mile (there and back) with the distance measured by Apple maps from my postcode to yours, and agreed beforehand. You will need to pay before I set off.

Alternatively I can arrange a courier - this would be at your cost but I will not aim to profit from the charge. I am willing to send internationally. Total weight is 8kg.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can do £200 cash on collection, so you won't have to pay eBay and PayPal fees.

Also what length are the poles?

Cheers
Simon
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£220 and you've got a deal!
Poles are 120cm I think. I'll go and check now and then post again.
Cheers
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep - 120cm
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you have any better pictures of the condition of the top of the ski? And chips or peeling of the top sheet?
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi
I can't post more than 12 pics on eBay and can't seem to post photos here so I've posted some on my public folder in DropBox.
Link is:

www.bit.ly/ch_factions

There is no peeling of the top sheet - they are in pretty good condition. There are a few chips and grazes. These are all visible in the photos I've sent. If you come and collect and are not happy with the condition then I won't hold you to the sale.

Chris.
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Price reduced to £200 for quick sale not on eBay and for cash on collection only.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@spyderjon, would the bindings have enough adjustment to take a 305 boot?
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's a lot to ask of them. FKSs generally have up to 10mm adjustment.
I would have them remounted for a 305 boot sole length.

C
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pivot bindings only have 7mm of total adjustment, ie 3.5mm either way from the original mount length so no, a 305mm boot won't fit but with that difference you'd be bale to remount either the toe or the heel binding (but not both) although you're mount position would then be 7.5mm 'off' - which shouldn't be a problem.
snow conditions     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers Jon.
ski holidays     
@wallyspoons, pm sent.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy