Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London-based PTs to help with ski fitness?

Poster: A snowHead
** First post alert! **

Wondering if anyone knows of personal trainers in London who are accomplished skiiers (or train skiiers) and could help me overcome some dodgy physiology and deeply-ingrained movement patterns that are making it hard to sort out my weaker turn?

Scouring the internet has produced loads of exercises (too many, in fact) but I figure I drop thousands every year on ski trips, and heartily believe in paying for good instruction, so seems like a sound investment to me.

Ideally they would set me up with a programme and I could have a few sessions to check in.

Any suggestions appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @hayleygp snowHead

I do know someone in central London I'm happy to recommend. Well, technically he's a physio rather than a PT but his ski credentials are top-flight and IME he has the attention to detail required to make the fine adjustments you seem to be seeking.

He's in Harley St. so not exactly bargain basement (although not eye-watering either) and having seen him a handful of times myself, I feel he was certainly worth his price.

If you think this might suit your needs, shout and I'll look up his details.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hayleygp, what admin says...I recommend James Vickers on the same basis....might even be the same person
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's him @holidayloverxx, yes. Couldn't remember his surname off-hand.
He's in my phone as 'James the Physio' Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A whole series of ski snowboard fitness clips email and london ph number

http://youtube.com/v/q4c0ZuTalP8

The bigger picture although not skiing

http://youtube.com/v/k7qoBBPqASg&list=PLG4Y8COw3PKXkIrylV2LNstC8MeKncAje
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi @hayleygp thanks for posting this as I have exactly same need (based in London too). Very Happy

I might just give James Vickers a visit also since still recovering from a fractured ankle skiing in the last season. Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @admin, @holidayloverxx, & @Tirol 164!

Three recs for the same guy & same clinic is pretty bloody good. And physio probably a more effective choice than a personal trainer now that I think of it... I would far prefer some targeted exercises to add to my existing regime than a PT redoing the whole lot.

Will give them a call! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rosycheekfox that doesn't sound fun! Might bump into you in the waiting room wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tirol 164, That's James Vickers. good call finding the links
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hayleygp, I called up just now and was told James' appointment has been booked up until early September so you might want to act fast. Madeye-Smiley

@Tirol 164, see you in September for the consultation. The lady asked me how I got to know the clinic and I said from Snowheads! Razz
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rosycheekfox, is @Tirol 164 James?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No !
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry @Tirol 164, obviously I interpreted the post from @holidayloverxx wrongly. Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all and thanks for the heads up @admin. Also many thanks for the rec @holidayloverxx @Tirol 164!

I’m more than happy to help with ski fitness and injuries. My details are on www.chhp.com or www.foursideslondon.com.

I’ve an exercise physiology / PT back ground - along with many powder turns under the belt from my ski bump days. Now I’m grown up I have physio degree, a MSc in sports physio and years working with elite and recreational skiers.

I do a lot of pre-season planning for clients. It’s perhaps one of my main things now. I’ll hopefully do some ski injury / conditioning talks this autumn @Four Sides London. My intention is there but time is always the problem.

All my assessments are totally bespoke to the clients so you can be aiming for WC or to keep ahead of your kids, either way I should be able to help. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads @PhysioJames snowHead
snow report
Great to be here!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy