Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggle quiver

Poster: A snowHead
Just been cleaning and assessing my current quiver

Got 4 pairs in recent use

2 Persimmon/ Orange
1 Hi pink
1 Hi yellow

Plus an older Scott Amplifier low usage

Plus some older other spares.

Anything else I need to add?

Better advice is probably to stop buying goggles when I find a good pair at a good price just because they are expensive if you need to replace a pair in a hurry in resort wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy once, buy right & don't crash. Simples!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, what do you wear when it’s sunny? Coz I’m sure you were whinging about the (very) pink ones...

Also, not so much hi-pink as hi-I’m-wearing-the-most-pinkest-goggles-imaginable-ironically, innit?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you ain't whingeing it ain't skiing. Currently whingeing about how unfair it is that there is all this summer nonsense to get through.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I hear ya! Though there’s a storm rolling through at the moment which means tomorrow/Monday might actually be late season powder days...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got Airbrake prisms with hi pink I like a light transmitting goggle and the dark one for bluebird days. Easy lens swap. I'm probably going to buy two lenses in the sale in case they stop making them. However, I recently got a pair of Jublo cat 2-4 photo chromatic sunglasses at the EOSB in the sale (140 euro down to 39 euro) and to be honest, I had to keep asking if they were getting lighter and darker or if the light was constant. When going form light to dark (e.g. in buildings) the change was so quick I seemed to have the same visual intensity. Very impressed.

Indeed If I was ever going to get another pair of goggles I may have considered photochromatic. However, I like the prism contrast (it does work) so I'll stick with them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes,

Could it be that you need multi lenses ratherbthan multi goggles?! Too many things to mess up forget about in that, unless some are permanently resident.

I have Smith I/Os with blacklight (somehow horribly scratched over the summer Puzzled but useable) only needed for late season blue sky days, red somethings for sunnyish days, blue somethings for crap light.

If I’m on a planned powder day, I’ll usually have a spare pair of something fairly all use (e.g. Uvex Gold) just in case of a barn sale getting snow where I won’t get it out.

Otherwise that’s it. I almost always have bifocal sunnies and some folding readers Confused Confused As age crap. And you don’t want to be throwing shapes with the kids in the Chavanne with goggles on...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh yeah, back to the OP. My quiver is a single pair of Jade Prizm, coz I broke all the others. Seems fine, and tougher too. I was going to buy more but I might not bother.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One quiver for me = Julbo Aerospace Cameleon goggles.
If it’s a white out day then it’s the Oakley Hi-Yellows.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes,

Anything else you need?? Military grade night vision goggles for the night decent on the Birthday Bash? Other than that, I reckon you have all bases covered. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Surely you need a pair of the new Oakley Prizm Reacts

http://youtube.com/v/pUisc-4wbBI
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pinky persimon for when the light is bad,
then sun glasses when the light gets better ..
That is unless you are a GS or downhill racer ... then goggles may come in handy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pinky persimon for when the light is bad,
then sun glasses when the light gets better ..
That is unless you are a GS or downhill racer ... then goggles may come in handy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DrLawn, I now use inserts, therefore wear I my goggles in all conditions, the ability to switch from Rose all the way through to Black is useful to me and I’ll typically use all 3 lenses across the 3ish weeks of skiing I typically get.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RichClark, the real issue for me is speed of reaction to shade and/or cloud. I broke my leg last year on a bump last year when a cloud blew over the sun on a very bright day while I was already in a shady gully. In the time it took for my eyes to adjust I hit the next bump blind and didn't absorb enough folding my knee and cracking my fib. Hence I'll always trend toward high VLT now.
latest report
RichClark wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Surely you need a pair of the new Oakley Prizm Reacts

http://youtube.com/v/pUisc-4wbBI

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more talk about these. Don’t know when they’ll be avavilable though?
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@RichClark, the real issue for me is speed of reaction to shade and/or cloud. I broke my leg last year on a bump last year when a cloud blew over the sun on a very bright day while I was already in a shady gully. In the time it took for my eyes to adjust I hit the next bump blind and didn't absorb enough folding my knee and cracking my fib. Hence I'll always trend toward high VLT now.

Ouch! More often than not, if I start the day in my Rose, I rarely bother to change lenses. I find that the Rose is useful for such a wide range of conditions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy