Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apartment in mayrhofen or Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So the sun is cracking the the pavements which makes it an ideal time to start planning next season's trip. I am thinking Mayrhofen or Kitzbuhel next season and am looking for recommendations for apartments to rent for a week. Criteria is fairly straightforward, relatively central, ideally within 10 mins walk to centre and close to ski bus stop. Must have 2 separate bedrooms in addition to living space ie no beds in living area and reasonable sized kitchen area. Any suggestions appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kirchberg an option?
same mountain, but cheaper & with good bus/train links to Kitz
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know much about it, apres needs to be good too
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you tried looking at the resort websites? The tourist offices run accommodation agencies for their resorts, including for apartments. Usually easy to specify your search for particular type of apartment.

If apres ski is a big consideration, Kirchberg might not be ideal. It can seem a bit quiet in the evenings and is a bit strung out (though very easy to get to Kitzbühel). I believe there is a "table dance" (not the sort that normally involves ski boots & beer) place, it is (or was) heavily advertised around the place, cant offer any reports on it, hardly the sort of place that would attract me.

If you are after Mooserwirt / Kühstall / Goaßstall style apres ski, Mayrhofen might be the better option (though no skiing back to the village), Kitzbühel is getting a bit snooty these days, more Sekt and spas than Bier and table dancing Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kb36, I can PM you the details of our place in Mayrhofen. We rent it out via a local hotel. Has everything you need and only a year since build.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bennyboy1, pm'd you
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bennyboy1, in the self interest of shamelessly hijacking this thread, I've also PM'd you!! I'm looking to do a DIY Mayrhofen trip next year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@munich_irish,
Wot?
No more "Londoner" in Kitz Sad
It wont be the same ....

Ah ...Google says:
Address: Franz-Reisch-Straße 4, 6370 Kitzbühel, Austria
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 4AM
Ascension Day might affect these hours
Phone: +43 5356 71427

All is well, I must admit the last time I had a beer there it was 55 Schillings a pint.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kb36, we've stayed here

http://www.mayrhofen-apartment.at/en/

twice after it was recommended on here. It's very comfortable and ridiculously central - about 2 minutes walk from the Penkenbahn.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks nice but too small, need 2 separate bedrooms
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DrLawn, Yes the Londoner is still there, no idea what they charge for beer though. It is the rest of the town that is going more and more upmarket. We have just done two contracts in one of the hotels there for a very high end car manufacturer, they have moved their events their from Spain as they feel it better fits the luxury market image they want. Perhaps that affects all of the resorts to some extent.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kitz is only a small bit dearer than mayr, but mayr has better apres. Loads of apartments on there own website and good value 2
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @fullducknodinner I cant believe the Apres in Mayerhofen has eclipsed Kitz!
I've always found Mayerhofen a bit on the dull side for apres compared with Kitz.

But of course i could have changed.
Has Mayrhofen improved or has Kitz gone off the boil?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy