Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of doing some summer skiing in August for 1-2 weeks. Has anyone done the Warren Smith Academy in the summer? Would you recommend it? How good is the snow on the glacier? Any other recommendations? The budget might stretch to Argentina or NZ if I could find a good ski school there...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You might be lucky but snow wise August is not ideal. I would either head south for 2 weeks or wait until autumn. Depending on what you are trying to achieve?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can’t comment on Warren Miller. I’ve done a Snoworks summer ski course in Tigne a few years ago. It was excellent. I chose the first week in July and snow on the glacier was very good that year - start 8am finish 12am to 1pm before it gets a bit slushy. Very lovely in the alps in the afternoons too - walking, tennis etc. Snow on the glacier should be good again this year I’d expect, although August is late. I’d ski in the summer in Europe while we still can...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
August will be great and is a good time for the Saas Fee and Zermatt glaciers You’ll start quite early, 815ish lifts with the warren smith crowd.

There are also loads of ski schools operating on the Saas Fee and Zermatt glaciers. I’m one of them, give me a shout if you want any more info.

The snow tends to be quite hard in the mornings, softens nicely for a couple of hours and then is slushy up to about 12/1pm.

The it nobody mentions is that there are not really many tourist skiers around in the summer. Loads of guys from the World Cup and international A and B teams. It’s a really inspirational place to be. The nature of the glaciers is that it promotes loads of lap coaching, so you can get massive technical progression done in less time that you would in winter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure how your plans are going, but Chile has epic skiing, I used to work in NZ and Chile is dramatically better. I'm based in Portillo and would like to think our school is pretty good Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Following up from this, is there anywhere where there are some slopes that beginners could access, was thinking about trying to get my kids a little sneaky trip before main season starts, so they get a head start.....if summer was no good would October half term improve options?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And a thread follow up - this today on Saas Fee, nipper no 4 mid 1 week training course with Ski Zenit. Mountain was closed yesterday as the snow was a bit too soft, but monday and today really good, same is in store for tomorrow with colder weather Friday. If you are in the region anyway, its a super experience if totally head wrecking to be skiing when its 21 deg at the village!

http://youtube.com/v/isSlzWCaOTU&feature=youtu.be
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice and relaxed.

Love to be there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The kids love this summer week, builds them a great base to start their season from, just a week focusing on nothing but technique.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@coddlesangers,

I was bored a few summers back & hit a dry slope.
weird boarding in shorts & t-shirts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy