Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance covering missed transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Many people ask about insurance cover for things like off piste, however I was interested specifically in the situation of a missed pre-booked shared transfers (due to flight delay) and being able to claim the cost of a private last-minute transfer up the mountain. Some insurance seems to cover missed connections but that looks more related to connecting flights than transfers. Anyone have experience with missed transfers specifically or know if this tends to be covered or not?

One year we missed our chalet transfer coach due to flight delay but luckily our hosts found space with another company going from Geneva.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would have thought the excess on an insurance policy would be more than the cost of a transfer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are really late that is what EU261 is for. Given that insurers don't dictate how long you should allow between ETA and shared transfer ETD then how can it be adjudicated?? Book with a reputable company that moves you onto the next transfer, which does mean choosing appropriate flights.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
EU261 wont work in some situations. I'd be interested in a policy where you book with low cost airline from A to B and then from B to C leaving say 3 hours for transfer but the first flight is very late.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just found out that my other half has cover through her bank account, which is a family policy and technically covers me also. The policy wording talks a lot about problems with public transport, defined as a service that publishes timetables in advance so we weren't sure if a transfer service would be included. She phoned them up and the chap said we would be likely be covered as we have left a reasonable time between landing and coach departure. £50 excess, so a private transfer or taxi would be a lot more. We've booked Ben's Bus so it's likely we could get a later bus in any case I suppose.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@muddewater,

If it's a through flight with the same company - don't they have a "duty of care" to get you booked on the next flight? That's certainly what happened to us when the flight from Rovaniemi to Helsinki was delayed due to air traffic control problems at Helsinki, so that we missed our connecting flight to London.

But maybe it was because the flights were with a non-low cost airline (Finnair - and they treated us really well)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skitrack . See article 17 of https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions so you may be covered if you have booked as connecting but not if you use Airline X for leg 1 and airline Y for leg 2. If anyone knows of a policy that covers that , please say .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy