Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland’s ski areas top google searches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recall the white lady chairlift long before the M1 poma, trek up the steps get on holding your skis, used to shut whenever the wind got up (which is very often). How modern 6 seater chairlifts can get round that I dont know.
So easy to be glass half empty wrt skiing in Scotland, maybe they'll get it right this time, will give them a chance.
Anyone remember all the Lurchers Gulley fiasco in 80s - not sure why they dont look at that area again (especially if they're ignoring coire na ciste) - holds snow and more sheltered than some of the current ski area. Ciste area for me though was the best part of Cairngorm when there was good cover, the east and west wall there runs were pretty good, steep and sustained........on my 203's. Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Before 1980 you got onto the detaching chairlift just above the car park and it took you right up to the Ptarmigan via a mid station.

After 1980 they split the chair and the second section Was moved onto the roof to avoid having to dig it out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://parkswatchscotland.co.uk/2018/11/09/hie-natural-retreats-failure-to-maintain-ski-infrastructure-at-cairngorm/?fbclid=IwAR2G__1eMnLdTbjy401dy1UKKeFaNKMpm-1vNvypPz4jLf4rMApZRfvGzJE

Clearly Natural Retreats are in breach of their contractual obligations to perform maintenance where required, and HIE have no wish or resolve to monitor or enforce compliance. The sooner Cairngorm operations are removed from these two incompetent organisations the better!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Klammertime wrote:
I recall the white lady chairlift long before the M1 poma, trek up the steps get on holding your skis, used to shut whenever the wind got up (which is very often). How modern 6 seater chairlifts can get round that I dont know.
So easy to be glass half empty wrt skiing in Scotland, maybe they'll get it right this time, will give them a chance.
Anyone remember all the Lurchers Gulley fiasco in 80s - not sure why they dont look at that area again (especially if they're ignoring coire na ciste) - holds snow and more sheltered than some of the current ski area. Ciste area for me though was the best part of Cairngorm when there was good cover, the east and west wall there runs were pretty good, steep and sustained........on my 203's. Smile

Ironically Scottish skiing has seen something of renaissance in last decade.
Internet and more reliable weather / web-cams have been a game changer in allowing people to make most of it.
Glencoe and Glenshee have both put in new lifts and snowmaking recently.
Plus facilities at Lecht and Aonach Mor upgraded.
A run of generally good winters in last decade means numbers have been healthy.

The issue is that the historical flagship resort at Cairngorm has been crippled by the funicular and HIE mis-mangagement.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1^

These refurbishment tasks are not particularly difficult or expensive, compared with replacement and they can all be achieved in house. But there has to be the willingness to do them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seems like things have got even worse. Very sad. I love skiing on Cairngorm.

BBC report on this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-46904702
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy