Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: 130cms slalom skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anything considered for my son who's just started racing.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jop64, when do you need them? We have some Atomic Race 6 in 130 with rail bindings, but they are in CH at present....
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If £200 for brand new (mounted) is ok, then ski clinic in Cluses has a lot of SL and GS kids skis at 20% off at present.

The Dynastar and Rossi SL R20 skis come in at €215 or €200 depending on binding, plus €20 delivery to the UK (in kids models at least, they are exactly the same skis albeit different colour schemes).

e.g. https://shop-skiclinic.fr/produit/hero-fis-sl-pro-r20-nx-jr7-white-rossignol/

Make sure you set the website to French, it doesn't work properly in English - shows most things out of stock.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ASAP really valais2. What condition are they in and how much are you selling them for? Are you back in the UK at all?

Thanks for that tip snowdave, I've not come across that site before and the prices look very competitive. Do you know that the used racing skis catalogue is about? https://shop-skiclinic.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/catalogue-occasion-2017-2018.pdf
While the link is in English the catalogue isn't and we didn't cover this at GCSE level French 25 years ago! Do they have all of those in stock and how would I know what condition they're in? As a complete newcomer to this sport am I right in thinking that I should be looking for SL skis for slalom skiing rather than GS (? Giant slalom).
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jop64, I think the used skis are the ones that have been through the season rental program. The local kids sometimes rent for the whole season rather than buy as that enables them to change length etc if necessary. I’ve no idea what shape the skis will be in, tho in my experience the race kids do look after their kit. As for stock levels, you’d have to call I’m afraid, and be ready with your GCSE French as not all the staff speak English!

SL vs GS depends really on what your son wants to do. My son is 11, 135cm 32kg and on 124cm slalom skis on the dry slope, but 158 GS skis on snow! Dry slope or indoor racing benefits from short slalom skis.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a pair of adult GS skis that were ex-rental from Ski Clinic, the edges are slightly thin but the bases were perfect. They have also done several services for me on skis that had base damage and they came back looking like new.

They respond quickly to email if you find that easier than a phonecall in French.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jop64, drat...I won’t be able to get them to you quickly I am afraid...not going out for a few weeks...

As per other posts - what height and weight is your son?
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers all. He's a big 9 year old - about 143cms and 34kgs.
He's just slalom skiing on dry slopes at the moment.
I think we may end up buying new but there's some good prices on the ski clinic site.
I really appreciate your help.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jop64, we have bought second hand from ski clinic before and the condition of the skis was excellent. We have bought a lot of stuff there but always direct, not via the internet - I know that we see the same staff each season, so they know what they are selling.

They are very knowledgeable so if you are unsure about what you want/need, I'm sure that they'd answer an email.

You could also try looking at Conradsports - We always get good prices on Fischers there (Conrad and Ski Clinic are our two main places for kitting out two children with skis for the last five+ years). Ekosport and Glisshop are also very good.

Join Racersskibay on Facebook for second hand kit and don't forget the obvious and ask where you race - there is usually a very healthy secondhand market in the clubs - the club Facebook page is always a good place to start.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy