Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski Marketing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having used Crystal on and off over the years. I have recently received a lot of emails advertising next seasons holidays. I'm sure I've had them in the past but they are literally every second day of late. Anyone else noticed this? I wonder if they're down on bookings compared to normal at this point? Noticed the other thread about smaller operators struggling and wonder if there is a connection?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not on their mailing list but maybe it is to do with new GDPR rules coming into effect and they are worried they won't be able to send as many emails in a couple of weeks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am on their mailing list and haven't had anything from them lately at all, come to think of it. Have had some TUI stuff re summer, but nothing out of the ordinary.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowymum, that was my immediate thought too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think they’ve always been heavy on the email marketing, I was probably getting one a day during the season. It’s counterproductive though as I eventually got fed up and unsubscribed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yup - i just unsubscribe.
Companies need to realise the will lose business sending out an email a day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GDPR, worried their data base will shrink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, I've noticed more than usual recently, and they used to send a LOT before. It really is counterproductive if I was actually interested. But after the debacle (chronicled in great detail on here!) with our last booking where our accommodation booking made nearly a year in advance was "overbooked" with ten days to spare and they could offer us nothing equivalent or better, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them. Even if it did work out better for us in the end, that was thanks to snowHead s and not Crystal! Our lift passes nearly left us stranded on the first day as they'd not activated them properly. In a very strange coincidence rolling eyes we were the only family on the transfer bus home to not get a satisfaction questionnaire. How odd. rolling eyes

So it amuses me that they're still constantly trying to sell holidays to us, although I suppose in reality the spamming department probably didn't get the memo.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spamming dtepartment never cares about the customer. There’s a certain company that I took to court to get a complete refund of a trip (successfully, I might add). Yet I still get their email inviting us to book their trip!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Similarly, Ski Miguel stiffed me for £6-700 on a £25k group booking via incompetent administration producing about half a dozen different errors.
The director's response was, "Are you going to use us again? Because if you are I'll see what I can do about correcting it."
I pointed out that generally it works the other way around: after all, anyone can make mistakes, so I'll see how well you deal with/correct yours and from that decide whether to use you again.
He took that to mean that we'd not be using them again rolling eyes

I still get marketing emails from them and each one re-invigorates my chagrin just a little. In fact, the very reason I was moved to post on this thread was a mail from them in the past 24hrs Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
abc wrote:
There’s a certain company that I took to court to get a complete refund of a trip (successfully, I might add). Yet I still get their email inviting us to book their trip!

I took a customer to small claims court for not paying an invoice (by the time I did court it was about 6 months later, it was obvious they didn't want to pay).

Then 6 months later a new marketing person arrived, who clearly demanded "give me every e-mail address in the computer so I can spam it" so I started getting marketing e-mails from them Shocked

It turned out to be about one a week, and there was no unsubscribe button. So I thought it'd be funny to time myself opening, reading and then deleting them; and after about 10 of them I sent an invoice for my time, along with a stern note about payment within 30 days etc. The guy paid me the £2-3 or so that I'd invoiced for and told me in no uncertain terms to never contact him again.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have 'monitored' it since I posted and the emails are every second day. Will probably DIY the holidays for other reasons next season but its certainly putting me off Crystal. Does anyone thats not after specific accommodation and/or resorts in the particularly busy weeks book this early?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Doesn't put me off. If you don't like it, unsubscribe. That would take you less time than it does to whinge on here.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@robboj, often people with families that need childcare will, as with Crystal in particular, their childcare spaces go FAST, especially in peak weeks.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mitcva wrote:
Doesn't put me off. If you don't like it, unsubscribe. That would take you less time than it does to whinge on here.

I'm not whingeing just questioning why Crystal seem to think that they will get me to book months earlier than I ever have by bombarding me with messages now. If you actually read the whole thread I speculate as to whether this might be because their bookings to date are significantly down for next winter and if there is perhaps a connection with the reported struggles of smaller operators?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy