Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damaged Thule 755 Rack Foot - thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Doh.

I left my ski rack on all season.

The screw that tightens one of the feet seized (rusted?). I applied brute force (after penetrating oil) and managed to over power the square socket that the "key" goes into (slightly twisted the key too).

If I can get it off, I think one of these will replace.

and it's cheaper to buy one than a whole set of 4.

The damaged element if the silver screw visible on the top. I think...

thoughts? experiences? better ideas? (I don't want the rail on the car all summer, equally, if I take a hacksaw to it I can just see myself getting to needing the rack and not having done anything to fix it...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Single feet pop up on eBay every now and then, I sold some 775 feet myself recently. You could probably order a new single as spares also.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
e.g. https://www.roofrackspareparts.co.uk/roofrack-accessories/foot-pack-755
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bingo! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thule-Rapid-System-755-Footpack-Replacement-Foot-FREE-UK-POSTAGE/173244373264
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HandyHand, Cheers, I had found the UK site as well and they ship cheaply to CH which is cool.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, ...we slop silicon grease all over them the moment we get them...ie from new, and blast the locks with GT85 regularly. It avoids all problems and they have performed flawlessly.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@valais2, in previous years I have taken them off the car if they weren't going to be used for a couple of weeks (which is as advised by Thule). This year I was lazy. Or something. (I had applied as every year, liberal silicon grease).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What car does it fit? I have spare footpads for a Volvo v60 I can give you if you cover the postage. Work with the Thule T click (????) system.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boabski, that’s very kind, thanks. Nissan Murano, CH, 2011? Will look at compatibility in the AM Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boabski, thanks again, it doesn't look as though Thule do "integrated" feet - but do yours wrap around the roof bars and then get tightened on with friction? (or do they insert into the Volvo's own roof bars?)

I don't suppose you have an image? Cheers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From memory they wrap around then get tightened once the bars are on. Will try to get images later
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@boabski, great, thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Actually, also important is how they attach to the rails? I have the square roof bars (the basic ones) - mostly Thule are interchangeable.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/39926/title/c02f6c55-dc17-4392-8f4d-d80ec2a3e355/cat/500

http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/39925/title/ba84dbdd-40f7-4ba8-9211-5c307d6cac55/cat/500
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Volvo roof rails were shaped so I’m guessing they might not work??
latest report
I’ve looked online. I think mine are the 4021 fitting kit so I doubt will work. Soz
snow report
@boabski, ah, you are quite right. Worth a shot though anyway, many thanks!
latest report
Have just ordered new 757s. Hey ho. 11 seasons.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy