Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The "Not The stanton" The Arlberg Snow Report 2018 - 2019

Poster: A snowHead
@Markymark29, That was the Stolychnaya virus. wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any updates or news yet on 2018/2019?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@peanuthead, Yup ............ (secret stuff this, got from the St Anton ski spies .......... there's going to be some snow in the 2018/19 season........ exact dates to be arranged) Blush
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
To be fair, Stanton has contributed plenty to the Arlberg threads over the past 10+ years on SH.

Probably more than anyone else on SH.

He may be Dutch, but that's not a reason to sideline him.

Stanton's Arlberg threads are good.

This thread should be closed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Whitegold, I agree!! Skullie
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Whitegold, Or .............. you could ignore this thread and go jeffing post in Stanton's Arlberg thread. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimastaaah wrote:
@peanuthead, Yup ............ (secret stuff this, got from the St Anton ski spies .......... there's going to be some snow in the 2018/19 season........ exact dates to be arranged) Blush
Can you name your sources for this?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steilhang wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
Can you name your sources for this?

I have been sworn to secrecy as my on the ground source is part of an Interpol Relocation Scheme and would be immediately identifiable as "Dolly" the cloned sheep's great grand daughter.

Otherwise known as "mutton dressed as lamb"! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skimastaaah, It's an honour to be allowed to post on the same forum as one so closely connected to the knowledge carriers. I will ask no further.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A quick update ………………………………… No snow in the Arlberg Region this week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What’s on in St Anton over summer: https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/berichte-homepage/Pressemappe_Sommer_Eng.pdf
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ulmerhutte, Plenty mountain-biking and hiking (and drinking a few beers) for me (and wine for mrsmm29) end August St Anton and Warth/ Lech.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, Please post your photos.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know how Gunar is and if he’ll be playing this season? Looks as if he’d had a tough time with the big c when I saw him in March.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skimastaaah, Got loads but sorry don’t know how to post on here....have tried in the past but gave up, life’s too short. Big hikes last 10 days Malfontal, Maroi/ Verwall, Hinterrendl, Gampen/ Galzig, Zwölferkopf and around Lech/ Warth/ Schröcken- just brilliant in summer. Mountainbiking too all around - love the place, views and nature/ wildlife. Super chilled times, top people and great food and Stiegels/ Grüner Veltliners too. Hung out mostly in Galzigbistrobar, Murrmel a bit and Pete’s, found great bargains in Jennewein so all good. Lech/ Warth awesome too. As usual too much to do, so little time....
latest report
@boabski, not sure....meant to ask Max, hope he’s ok.
snow report
boabski wrote:
Does anyone know how Gunar is and if he’ll be playing this season? Looks as if he’d had a tough time with the big c when I saw him in March.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1791909594196417&id=100001321822957&set=a.537133083007414
latest report
@stanton, looks a lot better on that photo thankfully. Hopefully he’s making a good recovery as the place just wouldn’t be the same without him.
ski holidays
Is it just me or are the price of rooms a good bit higher than normal 😐
ski holidays
Quick update http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=at_lech

It's snowing, and I've just skied the Lech home run before lunch at Rud Alpe.
latest report
5tanton wrote:
Quick update http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=at_lech

It's snowing, and I've just skied the Lech home run before lunch at Rud Alpe.

8ollocks! Laughing
ski holidays
Does anyone know if I can buy a ticket from Zurich to Innsbruck BUT get off in st Anton for 5 days? Basically heading to Anton - flying into Zurich then home from Innsbruck. Guessing I can due to the 5 day gap??? thanks
snow report
@boabski, I doubt it..... Laughing

I'd just buy 2 singles via Oebb website, if early then sparscheine tickets are cheap anyway.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, cheers. Thought that would be the case
snow conditions
Not Possible CrossBoarder .. Inland Switzerland you can do that ..

Two Single Tickets .

Tip..
It is cheaper to puchase St. Anton to Innsbruck from the ticket machine in St Anton Bahnhof than online !
latest report
@boabski, Also book OEBB out of CH-Land not SBB, cheaper.
snow conditions
@stanton, @Markymark29, thanks guys
snow report
Apparently not always cheaper, see thread on Resort Reviews. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140191&highlight=
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ghost Dog, funnily enough I was just looking at that
ski holidays
Any news on whether Steissbachtal will be open this winter?
latest report
skilegs wrote:
Any news on whether Steissbachtal will be open this winter?

Wrong thread for this question

Only Stanton knows answer
snow report
@peanuthead, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dolly the sheep's great grand daughter knows, and she says it's currently OPEN!
snow conditions
Steissbachtal is definitely open. Whether or not it will be after a serious fall of snow is a different matter.
ski holidays
Its open but rising temps this week may change that
snow conditions
Not long back from a great week of skiing and apres in hinterglemm. Heading to Anton on 9th march with the boys and I will probably need a cheesy apres fix. I've not been to the Moos in years as it's become a bit of an overpriced cliché full of ladies' front bottoms in fancy dress etc - usually favour Griabli for best pint in the Alps and live music, followed by some Gunnar. Is the Moos still playing the cheesy apres tunes, as it might be worth going for a couple of hours pre Gunar.
snow report
@boabski, Give me a shout if you're about, we're there that week......won't be in MW though!
snow report
boabski wrote:
Not long back from a great week of skiing and apres in hinterglemm. Heading to Anton on 9th march with the boys and I will probably need a cheesy apres fix. I've not been to the Moos in years as it's become a bit of an overpriced cliché full of ladies' front bottoms in fancy dress etc - usually favour Griabli for best pint in the Alps and live music, followed by some Gunnar. Is the Moos still playing the cheesy apres tunes, as it might be worth going for a couple of hours pre Gunar.

The Moose was not too crowded on Saturday, same music (I believe the playlist is the same every day), didnt spot any fancy dress but I left at 17:30 so maybe there were later. I would guess the warmer weather will bring more people. Sitting on the terrace at Griabli lets you watch and hear the "show" without the scrum for beer.
snow report
boabski wrote:

The Moose was not too crowded on Saturday, same music (I believe the playlist is the same every day), didnt spot any fancy dress but I left at 17:30 so maybe there were later. I would guess the warmer weather will bring more people. Sitting on the terrace at Griabli lets you watch and hear the "show" without the scrum for beer.
latest report
@Markymark29, could well do but we are pretty much piste monkeys. @munich_irish, couldn't agree more re Griabli - love getting table service too Very Happy
latest report
Next Season it is all (Big) changes the Griabli

Also

Some Major Changes at Moose
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy