Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
Im removing the post...as folks are already getting emotional & question my sources...which are very reliable

I can say this is not just in the Arlberg..
I will repost only if requested ..

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 1-09-18 9:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stanton, What a load of nonsense....who are you to talk about chatter? I’m sure you haven’t been near Arlberg in months🙄.....complete BS, where do you get this from?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I'm a UK passport holder and I have a job for the upcoming winter...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...…………………………………………………….. no-one request this!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting article here about this Voralberg company selling reselling old lift systems around the World

http://www.pro-alpin.com/en/second-hand/

There next task is to sell these Lifts form Lech which "MUST" be replaced.

Schlegelkopfbahn
Schlosskopfbahn
Zugerbergbahn
Madlochbahn

https://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2932621/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
Im removing the post...as folks are already getting emotional & question my sources...which are very reliable

I can say this is not just in the Arlberg..

Its not questioning your sources but rather the Arlberg thread is not the right place for this particular discussion, far too much Brexit stuff elsewhere. I would be more than happy if not discussed here at all, more interested in the latest snow (there was a fair amount on the high peaks when I drove over the Brenner on Saturday evening) and what is happening at the Mooserwirt.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish,

Big Changes at Mooserwirt 2019/2020
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, such as?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@munich_irish, he'd tell you but he'd have to shoot you...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want to know what the old Days were like in the KK ..

Gunnar the old owner is writing a book 35 years of the KK ....

In the meantime you can checkout the people who used to party there ....your be surprised .....

Go on FB gunnar munthe
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Winter is coming
This weekend (15th) the cattle are bought down from the high alpin to the valley...

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 9-09-18 7:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, you were talking about the big changes at Mooserwirt. What's this got to do with KK in the old days?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, no, it’s next weekend, not this.....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://www.skyspace-lech.com/
snow conditions
Cold Air masses will blow in for the last week in September..

Electric storms, a lot of rain

We should see some snow up high ..
snow report
Winter is coming .........

http://youtube.com/v/agvMfVHcMSM
snow report
A bit like the herd of goats that the Zermatt tourist office arrange to be driven through the village at regular intervals, good for tourists selfies not much else.

The weather forecast I have seen suggests cooler weather but not much precipitation so might have to wait a while for any early snow. Ideal weather for walking up mountains not sliding down them.
ski holidays
@munich_irish, ideal weather for rolling up and down mountains...
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/VD1tl_Xe6Ps

Laughing
latest report
@Steilhang, the rolling up bit is a bit too energetic these days I am afraid, rolling down is good fun though.
ski holidays
In case anyone doesn’t know it’s now possible to book next seasons Zurich train tickets via Oebb website. I’ve just booked ours for January and March....used to be max 90 days in advance but now appears good for all season already.

Also if anyone looking for season resort work check out St Anton Holla at me fb page loads of opportunities going on there last 2 weeks.
ski holidays
With regards to the trains, yes the discount tickets are out, but as the full Winter timetable isn't yet out, some of the trains still aren't on there. Edit: they seem to be now, for some reason some of them weren't showing for me earlier

Also lots of jobs on the St Anton Jobs group too!
snow report

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 26-09-18 7:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Post Bus to Lech #92 - maybe a stupid question but arriving in St Anton at Rail Station late afternoon mid January for wk 1 in Lech and then wk 2 in St Anton. Planning on taking our flight bags on the Post Bus, or rather putting them in the under-floor storage, and ski bags also (or on the back). Anyone forsee any issues with that, I presume thats OK to take luggage on the 92 bus?
ski holidays
@Markymark29,

Ski's definitely not allowed inside Bus.

Info

In January there is a risk of the Arlberg Pass being closed .....

Would it not be better to take train To Langen am Arlberg and take Bus 91

Last seasons Bus Schedule

https://www.vmobil.at/downloads/fahrplan/2018/91.pdf
snow report
Just stick the bags in the hold under the bus, easy. I'd do the same with the ski bags too.
ski holidays
Sitter wrote:
Just stick the bags in the hold under the bus, easy. I'd do the same with the ski bags too.

Some drivers can be real asses and will refuse to unlock the under-bus compartments. I however suspect if you showed up with baggage, as opposed to just skis, even those drivers would relent.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...or Plan B, if you are feeling extravagant: Train to Langen, and then a EUR50 der Lecher taxi ride to Lech.
latest report
OberLech.. Construction in full Swing !

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 26-09-18 7:42; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Great photo......awesome engineering....,well the one you had on there of Flexenbahn is, you changed the photo.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 26-09-18 14:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
ski holidays
The construction works at the Hotel Burg in Oberlech (centre pic with red crane) are quite remarkable; they started just three weeks ago (hotel was open this summer) and will reopen again early december. Impressive.
Higher up, the hotel Goldener Berg is completely renovated since april, gets a new facade, and another star. So does the Sonnenburg, to the right of the Burg hotel.
So two more 5***** hotels in Lech-Zürs. Must be 11 in total now. Shocked
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
Post Bus to Lech #92 - maybe a stupid question but arriving in St Anton at Rail Station late afternoon mid January for wk 1 in Lech and then wk 2 in St Anton. Planning on taking our flight bags on the Post Bus, or rather putting them in the under-floor storage, and ski bags also (or on the back). Anyone forsee any issues with that, I presume thats OK to take luggage on the 92 bus?
If
you put your ski bag on the back of the bus it will be absolutely "poo-poo up" when you get to Lech.
ski holidays
ski holidays
snow report
Typical early autumn snow, it isnt likely to last long as the "Altweibersommer" will be back in a few days and not much more precipitation forecast for the immediate future.
snow report
@munich_irish, It is much cooler in Austria at this time of the year than it has been last two years ..good for the ground freezing..
ski holidays
I think you are being a bit optimistic, the various weather runes suggest a mild dry winter in prospect ( https://www.wetteronline.de/wetternews/sibirisch-oder-mediterran-was-ist-dran-an-winterprognosen-2018-09-26-wv ) but they are all educated guesses so could be wrong. I am sure the tourist office has got a pet Marmot which they claim forecasts a cold snowy winter Very Happy
ski holidays
Decisionday St.Anton-Kappl: 30 November 2018

http://www.tt.com/politik/landespolitik/14868274-91/zusammenschluss-kapplst.-anton-geht-ins-finale.csp
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy