Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
dsoutar wrote:
stanton wrote:

Less Lifts...Earn your Turns ... Hike/Skin up !

stanton wrote:

St Anton should keep its Unique lift serviced Off-Piste

Hmm, somewhat inconsistent views here

To be Clear.

No more NEW Lifts..

If anything remove the Modern Lifts they installed in recent years and reinstall T-Bars , they are more efficient & keep skier/borders ALERT !!

Ever heard of the Lazy Legs Syndrome??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Decent covering overnight and forecast for plenty more in next 7-10 days, very cold for snow making too, looking good..... snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
From the weekend we should see a drop in Temperature & snow next week ..25th to 1st Dec..

We really need the forecasted front to dump this weekend 25/26 to come good...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here is something to look forward to...

http://youtube.com/v/hWCYQwod0rI
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure which weather forecast you are looking at, ZAMG dont suggest any more snow in the near future nor particularly cold weather, Am Freitag wird der Föhn in Nordtirol wieder kräftiger und bricht im Laufe des Nachmittags von den Senken des Hauptkammes wie dem Brenner in den typischen Föhnschneisen durch. Dabei bleibt es trocken und oft sonnig, hin und wieder ziehen höhere Wolkenfelder durch. Föhnbedingt stellenweise mild. basically a southerly Föhn will set in after the current cold snap. Although it should continue to be cold enough at night to run the snow cannons. I know the weather nerds are hoping for snow at the end of the month but that is all a bit uncertain.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stanton, It would be an pretty "interesting" t bar ride up to the top of the Schlinderspitze Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://wepowder.com/en/forecast
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's forecasting a dusting at the mid station and zero in the valley for the next 6 days in St Anton? Italy seems to be the place for early season snow this year.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@munich_irish, Nice and cold from next weekend onwards and a steady build up of snowpack is what i'd prefer to see in next 3-4 weeks, with a decent storm mid December rather than a big dump now on a warm mountain below. Equally not too bothered about the valley, skiing is usually done higher up wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
munich_irish wrote:
That's forecasting a dusting at the mid station and zero in the valley for the next 6 days in St Anton? Italy seems to be the place for early season snow this year.

Yes ….
https://wepowder.com/en/st-anton-am-arlberg

… was expecting another insider farmer/cow story. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DB,

I lnow what they are saying and its not what yo want to hear
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh please not another I know more than you saga.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, accept it. He knows more than us, but is willing to share his knowledge in dribs and drabs. It gives you something to look up to in the sure knowledge you will never get there...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Must be the famous Arlberg talking cows that guard the entrance to the Steissbachtal and whisper village gossip to passing taxi drivers wink. I am sure they will be featuring in a Tourist Office video in the very near future....
ski holidays
Just a dusting yesterday in St Anton

http://youtube.com/v/RGKbXbtqMXs
snow conditions
Well its a Beautiful Sunny "Föhn" Blue sky day in town ..New ski bums have already arrived looking for work..

Cold enough at night to make snow & there pumping it out higher up as I type....

Weather is due to change this weekend ...will see how much it brings....

die Kühe hatten einen langen Sommer Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
Must be the famous Arlberg talking cows that guard the entrance to the Steissbachtal and whisper village gossip to passing taxi drivers wink. I am sure they will be featuring in a Tourist Office video in the very near future....

http://youtube.com/v/bk_dI53wrGc
snow report
Reading this the Hospiz Group is somewhat in trouble & need restructuring

From my whispers this has been for sometime ...Rip Off Prices

https://www.tt.com/wirtschaft/standorttirol/15033809/arlberg-hospiz-unter-druck-umstrukturierung-noetig
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/Z9LUhGRpPhM
snow report
Another sunny blue sky day in town.

The snowfall has been pushed back till after the weekend & may not even materialize now due to Fohn..

Dry conditions..

The Cows were right ..

It is colder at night time its possible for Kunstschnee higher up however lower down (apart from shaded areas) it is a waste of time & effort !
snow conditions
Laughing Laughing

Reading this ^^^ is a waste of time and effort, others too can read weather forcasts and view webcams.....no taxi business at the moment @stanton, ?
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Laughing Laughing

Reading this ^^^ is a waste of time and effort, others too can read weather forcasts and view webcams.....no taxi business at the moment @stanton, ?

ON train to Innsbruck more fun down there..
snow conditions
Yes it looks like light snow showers in the early part of next week, enough to help the snow canons but not likely to be enough to allow anything off piste. Probably back to the mild dry weather after that but things can change.
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
Yes it looks like light snow showers in the early part of next week, enough to help the snow canons but not likely to be enough to allow anything off piste. Probably back to the mild dry weather after that but things can change.

Off Piste is for later in the season, never understood why folks want to go off piste early season when there is no base & they risk (high) of losing their ankles/knees or worse.
latest report
Siginificant change in prediction for this saturday: moderate snow is coming. Arlbergvillages will turn white!
snow report
Langerzug wrote:
Siginificant change in prediction for this saturday: moderate snow is coming. Arlbergvillages will turn white!

Not even ankle dust , dandruff may just cover the skis at 2000metres thats it !!
latest report
Kappl/Arlberg Connection

Hearing in Vienna Court Next Week (may of already started)

Landesumweltanwaltschaft und Alpenverein Complaint ....

Wie berichtet, hatten Landesumweltanwaltschaft und Alpenverein gegen den positiven Umweltverträglichkeitsbescheid des Landes Beschwerde beim Bundesverwaltungsgericht eingelegt. Ende November soll nun dort verhandelt werden.

Lets Pray The Complainant Wins Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm heading for Lech on the 15th December and it's looking a bit green at the moment. Anyone know how many of the pistes have snow-making? If it's only a token few kilometres then I might look to go elsewhere.
ski holidays
@Valkyrie, I'd be waiting at least 2 weeks, 3 if you can before worrying too much....
ski holidays
@Valkyrie, It is not green, it's brown. Very Happy
But nothing unusual actually for 22 November. (main problem is us, the internet, and webcams.)
Early season is always tricky, and currently you would have to go to the Southern Alps for decent snow.
Artificial:About all of Oberlech and some pistes in Zürs. And as of this year also the link towards Warth and some pistes in Warth.
With skibus to Zürs also St.Anton artificial pistes
We had lots of fun and sun in poor 2014 and 2015. And in the excellent 2017 Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 23-11-18 9:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Valkyrie, The weather forecast this morning suggests a period of unsettled weather starting the middle of next week, theoretically good news if you plan to be in the alps in the middle of December. However how much snow there might actually be (and how accurate the forecast is) is anyone's guess. There are resorts with more comprehensive snow making eg Kitzbühel but that is because they are lower and get less snow than the Arlberg. It does mean though that if there is a dry period (as it has been up to now) the Arlberg might not be the best place. I am planning a pre christmas ski weekend 8th & 9th of December, I would much prefer the Arlberg but might decide Ischgl (seems very unlikely Kitzbühel etc will be worthwhile) is a better option but I will be waiting until early December before making a decision.
snow conditions
FYI

It has been dry in Austria all year..

Almostca drought

Rivers are low..

The Rhein and ad Danube are low

Snowmaking could be a problem this season as once the holding resovoirs are emptied their maybe controls....
latest report
@munich_irish, I'd be heading over Brenner if I was you, big dump this weekend and next week......that said Arlberg looking good for Christmas, as always.
snow report
@Markymark29, Xmaa/newyear sucks ....to many people....best timw not to Ski
snow report
@Markymark29, Not so easy to get to from Munich on the train, its is a pretty slow train journey over the Brenner and then either local trains or taxi trips up the valley. Once the tunnel is built that might be different. I could drive but prefer sitting on the train having a beer.....
snow report
@munich_irish, is there not a Flixbus or something?
ski holidays
@stanton, 22-29th is fine, nice and quiet, after that its best to get out of town and come back mid/end January, New Year is not great I agree, too busy.
snow report
@clarky999, even if there is doubt it would fit in with having to work on Friday up to lunchtime. I also prefer a modicum of comfort these days, the getting old thing is a bit of a pain.
ski holidays
Lucky!

https://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/15047399/auto-prallte-in-st-anton-gegen-felswand-59-jaehriger-verletzt
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy