Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre Hotels - Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

We are looking at heading to Montgenevre next January and I was looking to get some recommendations for accommodation. We are going to be a number of families with 1-5 year olds in tow. Some of the members of the group are less keen on skiing so we are hoping to find a hotel that would have spa area eg pool, suana etc. At the moment, the preference is for a hotel so as to avoid the joys of cooking.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

DF
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think hotel Annova is probably your only hotel with spa option in Montgenevre. However there is the Durancia pool and spa in the resort which the non skiers could enjoy irrespective of where they are staying.

I would also consider Le Napoleon self catering residence which has a very nice pool and spa and is more central in the village than Hotel Annova.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowymum, thanks. Yeah, checked out annova but was put off by having to pay extra for the pool etc. Week look at the Napoleon. Good to know about Durancia.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I found the pool and jacuzzi at the Napoleon too cold so we barely used it. With young children, I wouldn’t recommend it. However, I last stayed there in Dec 2015 so this might be better now. It was lovely there, they just needed to turn it up a couple of notches.

Durancia - tried that once - I’d check out the prices and work out how often you’d use it. For a one-off visit, we liked trying it out and the children enjoyed it, but it was very busy and I didn’t feel good value for money.

However, if I was choosing between the two, I would stay somewhere without a pool (apartment/hotel) and use Durancia - it will still be cheaper as Napoleon is premium prices.

Personally I prefer to stay more central which is why we have not stayed at the Anova before.

How many of you are there? We recently stayed in a chalet there with a hot tub (with small pool section), sauna room, steam room, cinema room, pool table, table football, etc. It might suit you. To be honest, we didn’t use the sauna/steam rooms in the end but the hot tub and cinema rooms were big hits.

Good luck.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SkiPenguin, thanks for the info. Would love to get the name of the chalet. Looks like 3 families, just trying to confirm. Chalet could work very well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been to Montgenevre twice in the past year and been to the pools/spas at the Durancia, CGH Chalet des Dolines (next to Annova) and CGH Le Napoleon.

Chalet des Dolines - pool good but Jacuzzi freezing and not many jets, steam room and sauna ok. Despite it not being the best place for spa my family like this accommodation best in Montgenevre due to the location in Le Hameau d'Obelisque and the fact that it is ski to and from the door.

Le Napoleon - Very nice pool, good Jacuzzi and it was a lot warmer than the one at Chalet des dolines but would have been better if it had been a few degrees warmer still. Unfortunately CGH never seem to set their Jacuzzis hot enough. The steam room was very good indeed. Saunas also fine but I didn't really use them. Compared to chalet des dolines this residence has the newer and in my opinion better apartment furnishings. It is also in the centre of the village which is a better location for those with younger children or beginner skiers.

Durancia - It is quite expensive for what it is and I was glad to go there once but would not rush back. It has a very nice outdoor pool for lane swimming. There are various water jets in the indoor pool but it was crowded when we went. I paid extra to go to a small adult only area but there was not much there other than a good outdoor jacuzzi. It did not have the range of steam rooms etc you get in some other resort pools such as Forme D'O in Chatel which had a much better adult only section.
It was much busier than the pools at the cgh residences. With cgh residences there is unlimited free access to the pool and Jacuzzi once you have paid for the accommodation so if one wants to swim every day after skiing or there are non skiers in the group it is a good option.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with snowymum - if you want to swim every day, having a pool would be a better option. I have sent you a PM with the details of the chalet we stayed in. The Napoleon is in a great location.

Also, I know you wanted catered accommodation but you could have a look at Ski Etoile’s website too. Gerry manages a lot of properties in the resort and we have booked with him many times. There is even a section on his website for apartments that are in the same block/very close together. If you book with him then he can also arrange your transfers, lessons, lift passes, ski hire, etc. Highly recommended.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy