Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private lessons in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Please could someone recommend a private instructor or ski school in Val Thorens who can offer 1:1 instruction for an older skier who hasn’t hit the slopes for over 35 years and needs their confidence building up? Ideally would like morning lessons (Family Bash w/c 7th April) but it’s very booked up as peak time. Would be most grateful for any advice and recommendations. Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there I has a couple of private lessons with David Mitchell last year. British instructor based in VT. davidmvaltski@hotmail.com. I think he’d be very patient with a returning skier. Prosneige in my second hand experience also pretty good. Hope it goes well and enjoy VT it’s a blast.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your reply. Sadly David Mitchell is already completely booked up for that week. Probably a testament to how good an instructor he is! I’ve taken a look at ESF, Prosneige and Oxygène.... just trying to find a flexible option as ideally mornings would be great. Hopefully I’ll get sorted out without taking out a “second mortgage” 😀
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JudyC, Admin was suggesting he may be able to get an instructor for us that week but haven’t heard any more as I would like to get myself and my daughters the odd private lesson / or joint with a small group of other snowHeads.

Another thought can you do a few sessions leading upto then? I have booked private sessions (as well as group) for my girls on our local dry ski slope (Snowtrax) and been very happy with the quality of instruction there. Of course you could also do both Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve booked a couple of private lessons next week to get me started at the Chill Factore...I’m sure they will be very good. I’m hoping to maybe try a lesson a week after that until we head out there. Mostly a confidence issue and too many years of absence from the slopes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JudyC wrote:
I’ve booked a couple of private lessons next week to get me started at the Chill Factore...I’m sure they will be very good. I’m hoping to maybe try a lesson a week after that until we head out there. Mostly a confidence issue and too many years of absence from the slopes.

I know how you feel! I had a break from skiing after rupturing my ACL (while skiing) and just as I got back to being able to jog (no sprinting at all allowed) I found out I was pregnant. So didn’t ski between Dec 2004 (which ended with me hobbling off the slopes having being giving a lift on a skidoo to the gondola to get me off the mountain) until Jan 2008.

I did have this flash of panic about would I still be able to ski. However my body did remember how Happy

I appreciate that my break was only short in comparison but it is amazing what our bodies remember:-). I am sure that the sessions at chill factor will bring it all back and that just a couple of sessions in Val Thorens will be enough.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fingers crossed! I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for the encouragement and moral support 😀
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JudyC wrote:
Fingers crossed! I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for the encouragement and moral support 😀

Not a problem and thanks

Look forward to meeting you in April Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JudyC wrote:

How did your lessons go at Chill Factore?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They are going really well....I’m loving it and really looking forward to the holiday. Had 4 private lessons so far and getting my confidence back. I’m sorted with 4 days private lessons in Val Thorens too so feeling much better about everything. Have you sorted things out for your daughter?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JudyC wrote:
They are going really well....I’m loving it and really looking forward to the holiday. Had 4 private lessons so far and getting my confidence back. I’m sorted with 4 days private lessons in Val Thorens too so feeling much better about everything. Have you sorted things out for your daughter?

That is great!

I am making enquiries with them now, who did you book through in the end?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I booked through MaisonSport and chose Jacopi ....he seems really nice. I’ve corresponded and he was very flexible. 4 x 2 hour lessons ...11am to 1pm Sunday to Wednesday. Not cheap but worth it for me. What are you planning?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I could do with her having morning lessons but given it isn’t high season may have trouble booking that. She would not be impressed at having to have lessons at a time she would normally have lunch!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JudyC, Why not Claude Decagny from Claude Ski Pros, private ski instructor in Courchevel, La Tania, Meribel Village, Meribel, Meribel Mottaret, Saint-Martin de Belleville, Les Menuires and Val Thorens? Claude is teaching at the EoSB as well and has some comments on SnowHeads website and many on his own website : www.claudeskipros.com (page feedback)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Claude is very good.
ski holidays
adithorp wrote:
Claude is very good.

this is true
ski holidays
I paid for my girlfriend to have private tuition with girl school - It was Julia. Best ski tuition I have seen in years, total confidence builder so highly recommended
ski holidays
@Cookiandmilk, do you have a link?
snow report
Claude is excellent.
snow report
@Cookiandmilk, @NickyJ, my daughters (now 11 and 10) have had lessons with Chloe from Girlschool every year for the last four years and have a) loved them and b) made fantastic progress. They want to keep going back to VT just to keep having lessons with her. Can't recommend highly enough.
snow report
http://girlschool.fr/
snow report
Cookiandmilk wrote:
I paid for my girlfriend to have private tuition with girl school - It was Julia. Best ski tuition I have seen in years, total confidence builder so highly recommended

On the verge of paying deposit for these guys- thanks for recommending them....however how did you pay them? They seem to be implying I would need to pay by back transfer but would prefer a credit card for the protection?
latest report
I actually have cash at the start of the lesson - I think it did say you could transfer the money but I asked what they preferred
snow report
Cookiandmilk wrote:
I actually have cash at the start of the lesson - I think it did say you could transfer the money but I asked what they preferred

They want a deposit for the booking which is absolutely fine but handing the cash is not an option (and equally risky for me).
snow conditions
The usual way is to pay 30 to 50% by bank transfer as a deposit and pay at the balancebeginning of the lesson either by bank transfer or in cash. Credit cards are far too risky and personally I don't accept credit cards since I lost 7000€.
snow report
We ended up booking this chap

For 4 mornings shared with Sparklies son, both at on the autistic spectrum which means they need a lot of patience. He did really well with them, was flexible in meet and return points and I was really pleased with the difference in Keira’s skiing by yesterday afternoon. We booked via Maison Sport which meant we could use credit card giving us protection if the instructor did fail to turn up etc which made us happier. He is JeremyM on there.
snow report
@NickyJ,

I've had group lessons with @Skipros, and can recommend him. Hi Claude. See you next week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy