Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Money transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just sold my place, I need to transfer some funds back to the UK... To date Ive always used MoneyCorp, however, having done a very quick look around, they re not the most competitive (behind but XE and Transferwise)...

Does anyone have any recommendations for money transfers... Also, any money folk out there with advice on the exchange rate... Unlucky for me, after so long in the doldrums, the pound seems to be gathering strength at an alarming rate so think I want to wrap this up ASAP... ????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have used Currencies Direct for the last 15 years, they have always seemed solid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We use World First, as we move large lumps we get good rates (comparable from interbank) and nowhere near Tourist.

I guess you're moving quite a lump Scott so may be worth giving them a buzz.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@WindOfChange, Thx for this... Happy

@marcellus, Thx for this... Very hard to get 'comparable prices on an ever changing market, but just called them and they seem to be up there with the best...

Ironically, MoneyCrop, with whom I used all the time, seem to the least competitive, albeit, all within €1000 difference
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AlpineAddict, you can often agree "x% from interbank" then when you're ready input the trade to their system yourself and get that rate.

It means you can follow the trend by the published mid-rates and know that when you think the time is right you've not got to mess around getting quotes from sources as you've negotiated the percentage from the interbank rate.

With the others when you ask for a quote they'll check the interbank, check any position they have then work out the bid or offer before they quote you!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, cool... Ive actually opted for XE Money transfer now, having called 4 or 5 as the day goes on, they have always seemed to come out on top...

The hardest part was to liaise with my AXA online bank to try and ask them to transfer more than their pitiful daily allowance... Fingers crossed for some success...

Thx again @marcellus.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use Transferwise. Mid market price and a small fee. Pretty hard to beat.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HIFX probably best for large transfer, pretty sure they charge a flat fee rather than a percentage like TW.......
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do check with your foreign bank that they're not competitive for larger sums. Mine is UBS and I've use them for larger amounts - while their tourist rates and rates under 50'000 CHF weren't good, larger sums were much more competitive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@marcellus, +1 for WorkdFirst. We are building in France and periodically send small or larger amounts. Very easy to work with, competitive and safe.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were on the cusp of emigrating to Australia so were gearing finances up, including forward trades, and used HiFx a lot. I can recommend them, and their rates were competitive.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thx all... So much choice... Unless you are fluent in French, I wouldn't recommend AXA bank to anyone... So hard to get anything out of them and their online banking is like something form the dark ages...

Thx again all
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@AlpineAddict, we also have a AXA account in France and have got used to it over time. It works well with translated in English on Google Chrome browser. I just find it cumbersome that everyone still uses IBAN and BIC, guess it’s just different to what we are used to.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ozboy wrote:
@AlpineAddict, we also have a AXA account in France and have got used to it over time. It works well with translated in English on Google Chrome browser. I just find it cumbersome that everyone still uses IBAN and BIC, guess it’s just different to what we are used to.

...like 21st century usability Very Happy Very Happy

I'm just pleased I only have 1 or 2 transactions left before I close it... God I bet that will be hard as well... rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy