Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GVA yesterday

Poster: A snowHead
Never know anything like it....transfer driver got us there in u der 2 hours from Meribel (after half an hour standing on our balcony looking up the mountain weeping because we had to leave such glorious conditions!)
One person in front of us in the Easy Jet queue, dropped the skis off and they actually had someone directing us out the back through to presumably the French security, where there was no-one waiting. So arrival to through security in under ten minutes. 15:15 to Luton pushed back on time and landed 15 mins early, and bags were 4th and 5th off! If Carlsberg did journeys home..........

But the bummer is we're home! The snow is Ridiculous and there's no one there!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dunc999, options:

1 buy some gear - I have - makes me feel mildly better
2 stare at the mountain bikes and try to ‘think bike not ski’
3 buy a longboard - was out on my sons. Huge fun.
4 book easyjet flights for 2019 - bad idea, makes me wish the Summer away
5 weep

I am oscillating between 2, 3 and 5....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m 2 and 5 Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One more trip to go for me. Out to VT next Sunday with my OH and four friends staying at Club Med. Should have the resort to ourselves 😎. Hope we have this kind of luck with Geneva Airport.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Back at my desk this morning....I'm weeping!
@Snowbandit56, have a good one, the 3V were cetainly very quiet last week!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dunc999, Thanks, I'm sure we will. Remember it's the blood sweat and tears that make these adventures possible 😎
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GVA was somewhat different on Saturday afternoon, ugh... Never seen it so busy Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, my non-EasyJet experience wasn't quite so slick either with a huge snake covring most of upstairs just to get TO the start of the security queue.

The really stupid thing was ALL secutiry lanes were blocked by the snake so even with fast track security you had to join the snake until it got to the (empty) fast track entrance rolling eyes

Not quite sure what was going on as it didn't seem that busy the other side.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We were there too on Sat and saw the massive queue. We had a 1.5hr wait before we could go through and it all had disappeared by the time we went upstairs. So massive massive queue and then nothing all in the space of an hour and a bit, someone needs to schedule flights a bit better me thinks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it's any consolation, I'm going back out next weekend. Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It might be worth investigsating the route they guided us through when busy - although can't think why they wouldn't do it as a matter of course. From the oversize bags at the back of the EJ desks, we went through the double doors 20m across a courtyard and into double doors on the LHS where there were about 5 security lanes with no-one there at all. I had meant to read up on the security thread on here that I'd seen a few weeks ago, but then ended up not needing to!

And @bar shaker, no, it's no consolation at all!!! I'm desparately seeing if I can get one more long weekend out, but not looking hopeful atm rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mjit wrote:
Yep, my non-EasyJet experience wasn't quite so slick either with a huge snake covring most of upstairs just to get TO the start of the security queue.

The really stupid thing was ALL secutiry lanes were blocked by the snake so even with fast track security you had to join the snake until it got to the (empty) fast track entrance rolling eyes

Not quite sure what was going on as it didn't seem that busy the other side.

Had the same issue with access to fast track security in March but we commandeered a Geneva bod as he was passing by and he ushered us under the cordons and straight into the fast track entrance.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

So massive massive queue and then nothing all in the space of an hour and a bit

Doesn't surprise me actually, it was moving amazingly quickly. Luckily our 3 year old found it all rather good fun, it could have been considerably worse had he decided to have a meltdown Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dunc999,

I reported on this 'new' security route a few weeks ago. My posts are towards the end of this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134761&start=80

I have now used it twice, on a Saturday and on a Monday, and sailed through both times. I checked with the airport staff and it is supposedly available to all travellers and not just EasyJet passengers (it is located close to the EasyJet bag-drop area). My posts on the other thread give a detailed explanation of how it works.

I consider this additional security area to be an absolute godsend in avoiding the normal queues at security on the floor above, but there are SnowHeads who say they prefer to pay to use the fast-track facility. It is interesting that it is reported above that the normal security queues sometimes even affect quick progress through the fast-track facility. So why pay to queue when there is a free fast route? But keep this 'secret' route information for SnowHeads only otherwise it might also become crowded! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mr Marmot, yes that was the thread I had read, and meant to re-familiarise myself with whilst out in Meribel before returning - only to completely forget on account of skiing the great snow - but then we got directed through there by staff anyway Very Happy
ski holidays
@dunc999,
At least you ending up taking it and probably saved yourself a lot hassle.

Hopefully, other SnowHeads will take heed of the info and also understand that they don't need to be flying with EasyJet to take advantage of the 'shortcut'.
ski holidays
All - please note this option is not always available, it was not on Sunday evening for example. The longer route to the French sector security is normally available, but they shut the doors to this "short-cut" outside of peak times.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy