Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gressoney 2018/19 season dates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where can I go to find out the Gressoney 2018/19 season end dates? I keep finding 2018 closure dates. Am I just not looking In the correct places?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, A very good question - they may not be published yet. We don't know them (sorry) - and with Easter being so stupidly late, that's a bit of an issue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you know when they normally get published?

We just tried to book Gressoney with Esprit for next season to be told despite having a price in their brochure for the week beginning 13th April, they weren’t open that week.

Was wondering if the resort was going to be open as when we went before it was the last week the resort was open yet was only first week of April. However Easter is late next year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, I don't I'm afraid. Italians, eh? Almost invariably MR closes weekend after Easter, but with it being so late...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We will wait and we what happens then. I am presuming your place is booked out due to looking for school holidays for both the Easter weeks (if the resort is open for that second week)?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from a week in Gressoney with Esprit (7th - 14th April).

The snow was still in great condition across the area but we were disappointed that many of the lifts and runs seemed to be closed our week for no good reason, including the lift next to the hotel so we were forced to get a bus to those few lifts which were still open. We were only informed of this after we had booked and arrived which is a bit out of order IMO.

My theory is that they were originally planning to close the resort the previous week (on 8th April) but because of the unusually good snow this year they decided to stay partially open for an extra week. Although less than half the lifts and pistes were open they still charged full price for a lift pass which we had no choice but paying! Evil or Very Mad Everyone in our hotel had booked very late, within a couple of weeks of the holiday, so it implies that the decision to have an extra week was taken quite late.

On the plus side it was probably the best snow and least busy of any resort I've been to. Just a shame that more than half of the lifts weren't running and we only had access to a fraction of the runs!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SlipnSlide, that is disappointing to hear about the lift next to the hotel. When we went before we were amazed how quiet the whole are was, and having spent last week in Val Thorens I did feel that was really busy (much busier than the half term we spent in Sälen).

That week should have been a low season price but agreed that if they closed that much they should have reduced the price.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes the pistes and lifts were unbelievably quiet which was great.

It was classed as low season but so was the week before, when all the lifts and pistes were open (we managed to ski some of these on our first day, the Sunday, before they closed them on the Monday).

They should have charged a lot less for the pass our week considering how much was closed. Also Esprit should have made it clear at the time of booking. Many families of beginners with young children may well have been fine with a limited number of quiet runs open with good snow, but it was disappointing for any reasonable intermediates with older kids having to ski the same 9 or 10 runs day after day.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SlipnSlide, Monterosa typically/usually closes the weekend after the Easter weekend. Closing date for Crest was always going to be 8.4.18 as they had to start work on the new gondola. Also Punta Jolanda.

A bit naughty of Esprit. As they are explicitly selling ski holidays...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes I agree it was a bit naughty of them.

My guess is that they were relying on the fact that the majority of their guests would be families with young kids who would be happy as long as the children were well looked after and had some snow to play in. And to be fair this did seem to be the case with many of the guests there. But they should still have made it clear at time of booking that the skiing would be limited.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy