Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coshes/ Les Arcs next weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking my 12 year old next Thursday for 4 days skiing

Staying in Les Coshes which may well be too low but we have full area passes and access to the big Paradiski gondola is just one lift away

Where would be best to head for some nice easy cruising blues please?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are all over the place in Les Arcs and La Plagne. You will not struggle to find really nice blue and red runs. Some lovely wide reds and blues in Peisey Vallandry in Les Arcs. The runs off the top of Roche De Mio are in great condition at the minute. Sources is a great red and the Blue run down to Champagny is a nice run. Just finished a week in La Plagne and conditions have been fantastic.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@up4it, depends on weather on any given day. If fairly clear, I'd start by heading over to main La Plagne villages on first day. Lots of blues around Belle Plagne and also from Roche de Mio.
If weather closed in or snowy, with flat light or low vis, above the Peisey Vallandry area is good, as well as Montchavin and Les Coches.
Further over into Les Arcs area is my favourite part, with the run down to Villaroger if snow conditions good, one highlight.
Again for a clear day, a trip further over to above Plagne Centre and Aime la Plagne includes some great blues, off top of Les Verdons and Grande Rochette.

All in all, few areas match Paradiski for cruisy blue runs. Lots of not too scary red runs too. Enjoy. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just returned from Les Arcs 2000. My 2c is to ski lower runs early on and stick to the higher runs from midday onwards. They are getting slushy in the afternoon. The bowl around 2000 held up very well into the afternoon and many of the runs down to LA1600 and LA1800 area OK too.

You can ski the entire area from LA2000 to La Plagne Centre entirely on blues.

The blues around LP area were all good except for one from Belle Plagne to Plagne Bellecote. In the morning it was a sheet of ice under a dusting of snow (this may change of course). The run down back towards Les Coches from LP was quite sticky/slushy towards the end of the afternoon, but it is not too bad.

You will have a great time skiing in the sun as there is loads of snow everywhere.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The home run of Pierre Blanche can be nice and cruisey if conditions aren't too bad. But you'll basically be fine across the resort as it's full of nice blues. Be careful the flat bits on Tunnel and Levasset, the latter is one of my favourite runs but has a stupid rope tow about halfway down.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not sure if this applies to La Plagne but in Les Arcs it is possible to get restricted area passes. For example I discovered that a full day Arc 1600/1800 pass is cheeper than a full area 1/2 day pass, which is also cheeper than a Paradiski pass for 1/2 day (if such a thing exists). The lady in the lift pass office happily explained this to me last Wednesday
Quote:

All in all, few areas match Paradiski for cruisy blue runs. Lots of not too scary red runs too. Enjoy.

It also has some of the scariest red runs in the world. If you are not competent on bumps then I suggest you stay clear of Claire Blanc and Malgovert. If firm snow scares you then Combe can be exciting first thing in the morning. In fact I have jsut returned from the Dolomites and non of the blacks there match this beautiful trio.

The blues down through the forest towards Les Coches are real cruisers but they can get heavy towards the end of the day in April.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you guys, it seems like there is plenty of late season snow and we take the usual spring advice of staying as high as possible
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@up4it, great location choice. As others said loads to go at. Don't discount a load of the red pistes. With softer snow at this time of the year many are not intimidating, open with nice gradients/features. And because the snow base is so good you don't have to worry to much about rocks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy