Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Landhaus Fay - Bad Ischl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can't believe where time has gone, but we'd meant to drop back in here and post a report on our trip to Landhaus Fay near Bad Ischl, run by Schuss in boots and Cacciatore.
We went as a mixed group of 6 with 4 skiers/boarders, one granny and a baby. The location worked surprisingly well for our group as the Dachstein West ski area was an easy 20-30mins drive away, and the town itself had plenty to do for non-skiers.

All corners of the Dachstein West area were beautifully quiet when we went, despite it being February half-term in the UK. We felt like we had the place to ourselves Happy
The ski company has an excellent deal whereby if you are a couple with a very small child you can share 1 person's multi-day ski pass! I think we had to pay just 40 euros extra for the week and were basically given a 2nd pass. One pass could be used by a skiier and the other pass by the person who was looking after the child that day, which meant we were all able to meet up at lunchtimes and swap over skiing/child minding.

Bad Ischl itself was quiet, but beautiful, and has some lovely cafes including the famous Zauner chocolate/patisserie. There were lots of things to do there including a spa and lovely parks snowHead We also took a day trip to Hallstat which made for a great break from skiing - beautiful village with an interesting salt mine and a lovely boat ride between the train station and village.

A few of our group borrowed langlauf kit and had a go on the local trails. There's a lot of routes around in the area, so a great opportunity to give it a go.

We were guinea-pigs for Schuss in boots and Cacciatore, allowing them to experiment on us with their culinary skills Toofy Grin I understand they usually run as a B&B but did chalet-board for us to see how that could work for them. It was delicious! So hopefully that's something they might be able to offer to other groups in the future.

The Landhaus was a lovely place to come back to each day, and also to hang-out in during the day for those that didn't ski. The rooms are really well kept, spacious and warm. I can't believe that Schuss in boots and Cacciatore have only been there a year or two as they have become excellent guides to the local area, full of ideas and suggestions.

Do take a look, it surprised us how well the location worked. I'd say it's ideal for mixed groups and touring around in winter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy