Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

From Geneva airport to Chamonix, cheapest way?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello guy
I plan to visit Chamonix in France soon. How to get there from Geneva airport to Chamonix.
So from Geneva aiport I can take transfer, bus or train I found out from geneva-chamonix.com
Do you know some tricks how to get to Chamonix cheaply or even for free. Maybe I can give 10 euros to transfer driver or somehow to sneak to a train.

Write something if you know something

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 13-04-18 17:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could always walk, that's very cheap
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I considered that option it's about 100km to walk from geneva airport to chamonix. I can go onfoot and try to stop cars to get a lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gits22,

Cheapest legitimate travel is Easybus, afaik.

A friend regularly cycles.

But I guess then you'd need a bike.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used easybus from London to airport. If I change a destination in my old ticket . In Geneva aiport I show it to a driver and go to Chamonix for free. I do not think theu have passangers list. I think it is the best transfer from geneva.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@gits22, I bet they do have passenger lists. Geneva rules mean they can't (at least, if following the rules) take walk up passengers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

In Geneva aiport I show it to a driver and go to Chamonix for free. I do not think theu have passangers list

You really are a git, aren't you? Who reckons other people should pay for his travel?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got to admit @gits22, does seem to want something for nothing here.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can use the Altibus, from Geneva Airport. Its the cheapest method, but timings may not be ideal.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you get on the train without a ticket and get caught (which you will), you may discover the third most expensive way to get to Chamonix, after helicopter and taxi.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Zermattandchips, titter.

And possibly the slowest and least scenic!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Easybus do (usually) check tickets thoroughly - often people are waiting for spare seats on a bus other than the one they've booked, so drivers check in all the people booked on the bus first, then allocate spare seats. That's not to say the odd driver occasionally doesn't, but it's not common. And you can't buy tickets at the airport (in theory - you sometimes get away with it...), so you might end up stuck.

(and word is Easybus and a few others are now under new management, and things will shortly be getting much better organised anyway...)

Cheapest options: blablacar - normally around 10EUR, maybe less. Or easybus booked way in advance can be done for 5EUR. Or hitch-hiking.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@fixx, easybus quoting £11 one way (or so) on their website as the cheapest.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gits22 wrote:
I used easybus from London to airport. If I change a destination in my old ticket . In Geneva aiport I show it to a driver and go to Chamonix for free. I do not think theu have passangers list. I think it is the best transfer from geneva.

When are you going to Chamonix, and where are you staying? I'd like to know so I can be sure I have my skis locked up tight when you are about just in case you're looking for free ski "hire" as well.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have not tried this myself, but here is a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox:

Request a seat on your flight next to the emergency exit.
Take a parachute in your hand luggage.
Wait till mont blanc heaves into view.
Tell the person next to you to make sure their seatbelt is fastened.
Then follow the instructions for operating the door that were in the safety briefing before take off.
Saves all that nonsense at the airport too - so will be quicker as well as cheaper.
Happy holidays.
ski holidays
@MikeM, roflmao Laughing
ski holidays
There are times when even Snowheads can't be arsed to be helpful. Laughing
latest report
@pam w, 😂 Wait til he sees the price of the lift pass😉
ski holidays
Could have been a sock I suppose. A not very successful one if so Toofy Grin
latest report
@halfhand, no, just a git.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy