Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Hero Elite AT carbon (now review)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any experience? Quite fancy the HE series, AT's seem to have good reviews, are lightweight (carbon, no Ti) and are not as 'expert' a ski as the STs ( OK, which I really want, but expensive and maybe a tad too much for me): but are the ATs really still a piste performance level ski? Cheers.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-04-18 10:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hired a pair for the day on the PSB courtesy of Swiss leaving my skis at Heathrow, liked them as a dedicated piste ski so bought a pair. As you would expect harder work in the soft stuff and end of day crud but a joy on the hard stuff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Timc, Cheers. Have taken the plunge and ordered a pair, so here's hoping. Now, where's that nice long empty piste? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grizzler, Took my new AT's out for their first day today. Huge pleasure, they are happy doing nice crisp short turns and open out into longer turns when you want and then back into short turns easily. Wonderful day even though it was raining.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Update after my new pair's 1st outing at Glenshee yesterday in good mid to soft snow.
I'll second what @Timc said. A very 'pleasurable' ski. Easy to use from the very first run. Feel very light (and are pretty light to carry too - Carbon and wood, no Ti) and definitely responsive; probably 'playful' (never know what that means, really). A little bit bouncy, maybe - I'd expected a stiffer-and more solid-feeling ski to be honest - but perfectly balanced: and that's for a 5ft 5" woman without changing the bindings at all. (I bought a 156 length btw; I probably weigh about 10.5 stone fully ski clothed with sac and boots). Were running very fast on factory wax/edge (as was the snow) but responded to any input they were given without any great effort, and did nothing but what they were told to do. Handled transitions from soft/chop to hardpack underneath (and back again) without bother. Didn't get a chance to get them full on edges as the conditions weren't right, but they easily did wide lazy turns and teeny skidded pivots and everything inbetween as far as my meagre abilities can tell. Didn't seem to want to tip over onto the edges quite as easily as my old Elans do (70 waist) but that isn't necessarily a bad thing: or maybe they do and it's just that they don't feel like they're on edge so agressively. Inspired confidence and felt like they (and I) were well under control even on some pretty steep stuff which is at the limits of my confidence.
Also coped easily with several inches of unpisted, and in places severely chopped up on the Glas Maol bowl, which really surprised me for a 70 waist (edit, 74 I believe) ski; floated well. Got a bit harder to ski later in the day when the snow softened and was much more choppy, but that was mainly me being tired and scared of falling: the skis would have carried on happily, I think, though they were reacting to the bumpy conditions definitely.
So far, therefore, I'd highly recommend these. I await the chance to get them on a smooth, fully-groomed piste, and also on harder conditons, but I'd definitely say a good Intermediate's ski (though they are usually classed a little more towards Advanced level, for all that's worth) and probably eminently suitable for higher ability levels who want an easy, effortless ski which is a lot more all-round than you might think for its waist and sidecut. For once, I am very pleased Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 6-04-18 22:12; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grizzler,
Quote:

I await the chance to get them on a smooth, fully-groomed piste, and also on harder conditons,

As you would expect they are great in those conditions, edges gripping when and where you would expect. No surprises with them. Easy to go from edge to edge on the steeper stuff where I want to shorten the turns to control my speed. @Grizzler, so glad you enjoy them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy