Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard/ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all after a 25 year hiatus from skiing, I have been snowboarding for the last 15 but now kids are skiing, can anyone recommend a bag which will take a pair of 184 cm skis and a snowboard?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just bought a Dakine Fall Line 190 (it's 200 odd cm long) and am taking it out to 3V with Easy Jet on Sunday. It's well reviewed and looks the biz, good strong zips and material and has wheels. I guess the proof of the pudding will come when I am back a week on Friday. They are quite scarce around to buy though, I got mine from Snowtart website with free delivery.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm pretty happy with my dakine low roller board bag, seems well enough put together, not too pricey, and after 3 trips the only trouble I've noticed is the sharp unprotected tip edge wearing through the fabric a little with airplane vibrations combined with pressure on it - probably something to watch out for with any bag, protect any sharp edges that may rub and it's fine.

The fall line bag @dunc999 mentions is the longer version, and is what I'd buy if I were carrying skis as well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any 'double' snowboard bag that's long enough. We take 1 or 2 pairs skis + board in a Ride soft wheeled bag. Bubble wrap is your friend.
Look on Google & EBay.
Most are good enough, none will survive baggage handlers externally for many trips (though a bodge with duck tape will mend most).

P.S. Have a think about various airline/TO costs of taking a 'double' vs 2 singles. May be easier and not much more costly to get separate bags for your various personal & family stuff. Also gives more flexibility for taking various combinations, packing in clothes, etc. Also less heavy to wheel or carry around a single (sometimes).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Grizzler, the one I bought was the end of a fairly long ebay and google search process - there isn't "that" much about, good call about single vs double....
@meldrew1973, this was the one I was going to get if I couldn't find a Dakine fall Line, they've reduced it now too........
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/O-Shea-Deluxe-Wheelie-Ski-Bag-190cm-All-Black/1563052584?iid=142717726004&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49129%26meid%3D15a26e44edbe4d61bef57e3a3486e302%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D372245115259%26itm%3D142717726004&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Burton wheelie case comes in a 181, holds loads of stuff, would think 184 skis would slide in easily enough, and has internal straps to hold it all tight.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy