Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc/1800 - where to eat?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for recommendations for a good base for lunches/coffee stops around 1800 (or up the mountain, preferably)? Travelling Saturday for a week.

Basically, my near 70 year old dad is fuelled by coffees so after getting to VT last year and not knowing where anything was I would like to avoid the inevitably epic grump when he’s low on caffeine. Laughing

Also a couple of suggestions for good dinner spots? The In laws with a taste for the finer things are now joining us too so I need to be prepared...

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know if you've been to Les Arcs before and if you are familiar.

Anyway, generally in the main front of village that faces the lifts there are plenty of places to use. It's not difficult to be there for midday either as access to most areas to ski is very fast, so not like going back down a long way to eat. All very easy. Costs are better a couple of "layers" back from the snow if that's a consideration with some good small café opposite the lift pass office in Villards area. You'll not be short of choice though.

On the mountain, Arpette near base of lift 14 is the obvious mid mountain places which has big outside area. Also, in Vallandry sector another main restaurant alongside Grizzly lift 68. Both if you want to stay up mid mountain.

More "discreet " restaurant rather than big and noisy, I haven't the name but it's at the bottom of Peisey 61 lift at the far end of 1800 village area.
Also over in Arc 2000 area at the bottom of pre-saint-esprit lift 39 is well regarded.

Finally, right at the north end of whole Les Arcs ski area, located right down at Villaroger is "La Ferme" again well regarded but you'll have to head over there to arrive some time from 11.30am if you want a table as it always fills up for lunch.

Bar/cafés just up abit from base level in 1800 via Villards 25 and Dahu lifts are new with sun facing outside areas, didn't try but worth a look for you. Both these lifts give pedestrian access to the areas immediate around them (Dahu, no pass needed so ok if you just want to look around on arrival. Villards 25, pass needed).

Apologies if I've not got names for all of them, I know way way around fine but don't always recall names of eateries.

We were there two weeks ago, fabulous snow depth, hope you have a good week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Phae88, one to add to @ski3's suggestions is the Altiport restaurant, just up from the Arpette. You can sit and watch people jumping onto a big airbag. The Plat du Jour is reasonably priced; both the Altiport and the Arpette provide bottles of tap water so you don't need to spend extra on drinks.

The Bulle restaurant at the base of the Arcabulle lift in 2000 is very good value with good pizza.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy