Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why were skis so long in the '80s?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2005 article, but it's history, innit?

https://www.skiinghistory.org/history/evolution-ski-shape
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timc wrote:
There was the macho thing with "the longer your skis then the better the skier you were". Including the "Look how good a skier I am" when standing with your skis in a queue for the bubble either resting them on your boot like the chap on the far right of the picture or holding them off the ground like the guys in the back row.

I used to do the bubble thing!

I'm also in the back row of that photo!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
If you look closely the guy on the right has lifted his toes off the ground so as to make his skis appear even longer. Laughing
We all did the bubble thing. Laughing

These days the macho thing appears to be who has the widest ski on wind blown blue ice day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiers these days don't need to compensate with fast cars, neon head bands and long skis etc because they are so much better endowed, or is that just me? Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimastaaah wrote:
Had a pair of Salomon 9000 Equipe 2S (Power-8 ) 210cms. Salomon produced iconic "monocoque" skis at a time when laminate skis were mass produced. The 9000 S2's skied exceptionally smoothly, held a perfect medium to long GS turn, very progressive fairly stiff flex

Now that brings back memories - I too had these exact skis in the mid eighties, then went down to much shorter (2m) Fischer RC4's!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got talked into buying a pair of 210 Kastles by an Austrian ski instructor- talked my skiing right up he did!! Great for schussing, couldn’t turn em. Got them off his hands I guess.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Timc wrote:
If you look closely the guy on the right has lifted his toes off the ground so as to make his skis appear even longer.

He hasn't changed at all, saw him during the summer and was still as much of a joker.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timc wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
If you look closely the guy on the right has lifted his toes off the ground so as to make his skis appear even longer. Laughing

Toes lifted, skis tucked above the 2nd buckle for maximum amplitude. Always pro. Full style points...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy