Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry nights and loathing on the train to BSM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We vowed no more ski train after a family from Jeremy Kyle were next to us there and back (ironically, en route to Tignes too!)

They were so awful that two years later a woman stopped me at the Snow Centre three years later and said "hey, weren't you that poor family stuck next to those awful people on the snow train that time? We still talk about it even now, nobody can believe they were truly that awful!" and we spent a good amount of time reminiscing..

That said, I've also had a fairly mundane experience before too!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well its nice to see concern so I'll offer an epilogue...
The remainder of the journey proved relatively uneventful, I found sleep fitful and generally elusive for longer than 30 minutes and save one particularly vivid dream relating to Maltesers which I'll attribute to the heavy frontloading of gin prior to the trip.
Being more used to the souk atmosphere of the daytrain, the night train almost holds a monastic quality to it, the silence, the personal deprivation, the sensation that you may have inadvertently devoted your remaining days to this as you crawl through some nameless switching yard at 3am with all Gallic urgency.
Neverless, our goal of BSM yeilded itself from the mists at shortly after 6am. Some minor confusion over onward travel merely highlighted that the sleep deprived should not be entrusted with simple memory tasks as a bag went awry for a few hours.
However we found our true goal of Tignes and coaxed a few hours on the mountain from travel weary bodies. At least the alcohol embargo is at an end... cheers till next weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Richard_Sideways, That whole account did make me giggle. We did it for the first time in January. The worst bit for me was 4 adults trying to get from Waterloo to KC in the Friday rush hour with 8 pairs of skis in 5 skibags, plus normal luggage. I'm not in a hurry to do that bit again!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a club The Brotherhood of Madmen of Mont Ventoux.
A 12157 bonkers cyclists have done the standard 3 climbs in a day.
But the really bonkers go for 4, 5, even six: http://www.clubcinglesventoux.org/en/club.html
I view the overnight Eurostar in much the same way, and think there should be a Club for those who persist with it.
Like the Ventoux lot, anyone who has done 3 return trips should be eligible.
Well done guys, you are Special.
(I've done it once, and like many here: never again)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@karin, four adults- next time just grab a taxi- a few pounds each - it’d all fit in a Mercedes!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A week has passed all to quick, in a spring mix of sun, snow and heavy cheese addiction.

A good week had by all, but now I find myself standing on a sunny concourse outside the incongruous building that is Gare de Bourg Saunt Maurice. Our journey down from Tignes was typical, the unnecessarily high coach temperature, the radio set to 'random', the obligatory small child popping on the descent of the mountain road.

Three hours to kill before checkin, while we skirt the blackhole of an SNCF strike...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Richard_Sideways, @Richard_Sideways, hope you're off for a decent dinner and drink before you hit that train. It sounds like my idea of hell.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RUGBY PETER, 4 adults, but all being paid for by my OH, as the other 2 were son and his GF. OH was not keen on trying any option involving the roads as it was Friday night rush hour - we had been suggested that the bus was easy and cheap, and on the way home at 7.30am on a Sunday morning it was, but no-one wanted to risk it Friday night!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy