Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A word of warning Scarpa Freedom boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair a while back but only just got round to sorting them out and using them. Putting to one side trying to get them to fit my hobbit feet, I found that I was have a little trouble clicking them into my dynafit bindings. I’m not great at clicking into pin bindings anyway and initially put it down to my incompetence. However when I had a good look at the problem I found that the rubber sole of the boot was too thick where the pins were. I filed a bit off with my panzer file now they are working fine.
On the boot itself, I’ve found them great all be it a little heavier than many dedicated touring boots out there.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quite normal to have to shave a bit of rubber sole off, not all boots go straight in to all bindings........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
KenX wrote:
Quite normal to have to shave a bit of rubber sole off, not all boots go straight in to all bindings........

Thanks, I haven’t come across it before but these are only my second pair of pin compatible boots. I was thinking that it might interfere with the release and would be as well to let others know.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a Dynafit norm but some boots don't adhere to it. Really annoying as sometimes its obvious when you step in sometimes less so. It is best to report the problem to the manufacturer so that they are aware. If nobody says anything then these things remain an issue.

quick edit - a lot of people blame the binding for boots not fitting, all bindings and boots should be made to DIN norms, but specifically for Dynafit, there are Dynafit norms that are distributed to all who use their inserts, if it doesn't fit in a specified area it is usually (but of course not always) an oversight on the boot side.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jbob, also make sure that the sole isn't rubbing when the boot is fully rotated forward when in tour mode.

I'd say that I need to 'tune' more than half the boots I mount tech bindings for and that includes some Dynafit brand boots.

I can pretty much guarantee that anyone who says they're having trouble clicking in to any of the latest generation of tech bindings that it's a boot sole compatibility problem (& often combined with stupidity/lack of understanding of how to operate the bindings).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
@jbob, also make sure that the sole isn't rubbing when the boot is fully rotated forward when in tour mode.

I'd say that I need to 'tune' more than half the boots I mount tech bindings for and that includes some Dynafit brand boots.

I can pretty much guarantee that anyone who says they're having trouble clicking in to any of the latest generation of tech bindings that it's a boot sole compatibility problem (& often combined with stupidity/lack of understanding of how to operate the bindings).

Thanks Jon I’ll check.
My first dynafits were pre radical and I would engage one side first which seemed to work fine so long as it was reasonably flat. When I got some radicals I started locating the boots centrally but found having little marks on the boots helpful but they were much easier than my old ones. I didn’t get the rad 2 because I’d seen people struggle with the toe rotating if they didn’t lock the toe (and unlock it again when they had clicked into the heel), which seemed like a faff. I always Ski a lot gentler on my pin bindings, and the only times I’ve ever had them release is when I’ve forgotten to lock the toe when climbing. That said I’ve only had my alpine bindings release once this season in 3 months when I hit some ice ruts at speed, left by a piste basher and hidden under some fresh snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy