Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slight mishap. Tib and fib.

Poster: A snowHead
Blood waggon off the hill in Sestriere last Friday. Local anaesthetic in heel then heel bone drilled through. Stainless steel bar then hammered through the hole ready for traction. Bones reset and put in traction with no anaesthetic. Smarted even more than when they pulled my ski boot off. In traction for five days. Not very comfortable. Op yesterday. Awful food, mainly beige. Hopefully home soon.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sequoiaboard, oh no, that sounds awful! Sad Hope you heal quickly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OMG! Get well soon. Sounds and looks horrific.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ouch!
Good luck and heal well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1. The difference between being OK, and not OK - a heartbeat. Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sequoiaboard, Shocked Shocked OMG. Get well soon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hurtle, @Frosty the Snowman, @T Bar, @pam w, thanks everyone.

Despite everything I'm actually still quite cheerful. It could have been much worse and crucially the surgeon sees no reason why I shan't be skiing next season. My cup is half full. Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blooming 'eck, I posted before the photos went up. Shocked Shocked (The photo of your meal is the worst. Skullie wink )
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm with @Hurtle. The injury and procedure looks pretty awful, but 3 portions of baby sick........ Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OMG that food looks horrible, I think you could be up for this years Masque award but at least it's not a Darwin. Heal properly mate.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Janet did for herself in Sestriere, was very happy not to return there this year.

We were pleased with the attention at the med centre - where have you ended up?
ski holidays
Ouch, ouch and double ouch!

Send more photos of food - not your leg!
ski holidays
@Val Desire, Susa Hospital, half way between Sestriere and Turin. Apart from the food and a lack of 'nice' painkillers, can't fault them.

@altis,

ski holidays
That looks awful but I’m glad to hear you’re bearing up well. No more photos of food please, one is more than enough.
snow report
Oof, that is impressive metalwork. Commiserations. Good luck for an easy journey home and a quick recovery.
ski holidays
@sequoiaboard, Ow Ow ow - heal well and soon
snow conditions
Bad luck. Hope you heal quick.

10/10 for gore the pictures though. Think they're the best for a while ...and the ones of your leg are pretty impressive too.
ski holidays
sequoiaborg wrote:

That's some epic tech-enhancement you've assimilated there sequoiaborg!
snow conditions
@admin, snowHead
latest report
I can only hope it doesn't feel as bad as it looks Shocked

Hope you get home soon and that recovery is downhill all the way (in a good way this time)
latest report
Hope "X" doesn't mark the spot where they were supposed to drill in... Toofy Grin
Seriously, hope you are indeed back on the slopes next season.
latest report
@sequoiaborg, Ouch! I hope you're better soon, despite the disgusting looking food! By the way though, you have lovely straight toes Blush
latest report
@sequoiaborg, Should have done it in France . . . much better food and I've still got more industrial strengh pain meds from 2 years ago than I'll ever need:

At impresively hi-tech as it is, at least your Mechano is de-mountable, good luck on a speedy recovery. How soon will they let you go home and how'd ya do it [/mawkish-purience-mode] Toofy Grin
ski holidays
genepi wrote:
@sequoiaborg, Ouch! I hope you're better soon, despite the disgusting looking food! By the way though, you have lovely straight toes Blush

You do indeed have a lovely set of toes...

Best wishes for recovery, shame about the food and pain relief though
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kittya wrote:
You do indeed have a lovely set of toes...
I think we can all see that this is a man who has never owned a pair of stilettos.
snow conditions
I say, that looks pretty epic!...the injury and accouterments, not your lunch Laughing ! Yes, how did you manage to do it?!
snow conditions
@auntie masque, @Robin Agogo,

I hit a jump slightly too fast. OK, far too fast.

Mea culpa Embarassed

Hadn't even had the first Bombardino of the day.
latest report
@sequoiaborg, My sympathies. Must've been pretty worrying at the time. Hope that it's going well now, you sound in good spirits. Best wishes for the recovery phase, and hope that you get a good journey home and suitable amounts of sympathy, attention and pampering along the way.
latest report
Dude Shocked

It's already been said, but here's some more good wishes.

And yes, how does a man like yourself have such attractive toes?!?!
ski holidays
Get them to deal with the crusty nails too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Don't know Susa, but best of luck to you. I think the idea in Italy is that some aged relative delivers decent food a couple of times a day. Guess it's a challenge when you're not local.
latest report
@sequoiaborg, bravo!! Can we post you a bottle of Tabasco sauce, maybe some ketchup? Very Happy
ski holidays
@sequoiaborg, must have been a weird landing, your break is near two inches lower than mine . . . and I got 'Special K' for the boot removal (happy, happy, happy Madeye-Smiley ). Have they told you when you may move or are they going to keep you in traction till there's initial bone setting and then cast you?

Not joking, you may need to post an address for the care parcels Shock

if you're bored . . . https://www.babbel.com/learn-italian-free . . . Toofy Grin
ski holidays
If one thing is consistent here it is the breakfast. Two packs of Super Dry melba toast and the weakest coffee in Italy.
snow report
Looks awful mate. Chin up.

The injury and the breakfast! wink
snow report
Crickey...glad I was not eating when I opened this...that breakfast ughhh. Dry melba toast, did you gag?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy