Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

magic pass weather update beep de beep beep beep

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
right - as promised

I am here in my kitchen in UK
It is not snowing
However, looking at the webcams for Nax, Chandolin, Vercorin etc there has been a fair drop

2017-18 - the season which keeps on giving

we'll be there from 03 and will post from wherever we 'road trip' to.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We got here before you! Arrived today took a spin up to Leysin but it was in cloud so we didn’t see much. Back down to Aigle for the night and we’ll see what’s looking good in the morning!

Started a Magic Pass Easter thread before you too!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

But this one will do! wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Pending, ...excellent...I seem permanently behind the times...

Well...tipping with rain in uk...I need to get a 3am flight to Amsterdam, then across to Valais on 2nd...

..keep us posted with conditions....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tipping with rain here too, just above Aigle, but at least it’s snowing up higher. 10cm expected overnight.

Great day in Leysin. Best conditions I’ve ever seen at end of March! Empty slopes, perfectly groomed. A small resort, we had it all done in a couple of hours, and our afternoon plan to hit the park was scuppered by the lift closing. And there wasn’t enough time at that stage to head over to Les Mosses. Still a great spot for a day. There’s an amazing looking tobogganing park which has closed for the season - now that might tempt us back next year!!

Diablerets tomorrow I think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pending, ...excellent report - thanks. For us - Alex’s iPhone woke me at 2am yesterday for some reason located deep in its options; I had set it for 3am UK time ... I raised the Sleeping Dead and we all made our way to Luton along empty roads - I have an autopilot mode in my brain which enables me to drive at any time, any place, for any duration. Luton was fine with its new interior - apart from the fact that we managed to get onto the plane for Amsterdam without an adequate passport check. I pointed out this obvious security breach to the plane manager, and she was both horrified and apologetic, and promised to include it in her flight report. Good woman. We’re now installed in an excellent air B&B in Amsterdam, recovering from too much red wine and speaking in foreign tongue. Today is ambling around the town with the sprats, then a boat ride courtesy of our friends, then big dinner. Monday sees Easyjet carrying Ma and Ms back to UK, and me and young Ski Walker to the Valais ... hurrah!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2 Remind me again why you are going via Amsterdam? I’m sure there must be a reason... otherwise it’s a bit of a detour Laughing

About 15-20cm fresh overnight. Posted in perfect condition, almost right down to village level. The only dodgy bit was the last bit of the red above Villars which was badly rutted and could have been dangerous to catch a ski in. Bit cloudy in parts, but sun doing its best to prevail!

A question for tomorrow - where to go? We’ll have done all of Diablerets/Villars/Gryon today. Didn’t make it to Les Mosses yesterday. Tempted to head for Nax tomorrow, but that might mean missing out on Les Mosses. Or we could do it on the way back. Current plan is to head for France Thursday evening. What do you reckon?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fabulous day in Villars. Was up early for the last day of the championnat romands..i was mia as a coach as bouncing in the fresh powder was called for!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OMG!!! *****Nax*****

Get thee to Nax!!! The most amazing conditions I have ever skied. This alone tempts me to renew for next year.

Help - Need new skis for pending Jr. is there a ski discount place, somewhere like ekosport, in the Sion/Sierre valley? I also need some urgent alteration to my touring boots. Any suggestions where to go?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Pending, Amsterdam is indeed detour since a frightmare to get tickets to Geneva from Schipol. We’re here for birthday of great friends - who arranged excellent boat trip on ancient craft around the canals - just done and now full with Indonesian food - Don’t tell anyone about Nax - keep it REALLY secret - tell NO-ONE. And leave some untracked for us on Tuesday. Incidentally the NEMO science museum in Amsterdam really excellent for kids .. the best interactive stuff I have ever experienced.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve never been to Amsterdam- Nemo’s as good a reason as any!

It wasn’t me, honest, but Nax was rammed today! Or at least the car parks and access road were... we had a slow lazy start to the day so by the time we got up from the valley around 11am all we could do was turn around and go back down. Or walk a couple of km uphill with ski gear. Nope!

So we headed for Vercorin instead. Lovely spot for a half day! Snow was great on piste, off was wet & heavy.

Currently parked in Nax top car park and it’s 5 degrees at 10pm! Yikes...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pending, ...we arrived 11pm - breakfast at 8am - talked to the builders - picked up friends - Crans shut cause du vente - so.... fantastic day at Vercorin - no-one here - perfect conditions....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@valais2, Is it true that the lifts in cma have been closed completely for the season due to a financial dispute?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@cad99uk, lifts definitely closed tomorrow to all but groups with instructors - yes financial dispute between commune and cma lift company (which has a single investor owner after a transfer some years ago) - this may be resolved I will post updates. If heading to Crans tomorrow just detour to Anzere or Chandolin / or check out vercorin or Nax - all close and with excellent snow
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks. Will be interested to hear any updates.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chandolin in excellent condition today, right to base - all St Luc open and excellent - Snow park and cross course super - top runs from top to bottom skiable at Mach 12 if you fancy since no one there, or turny turny as we like to do it...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy