Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva strife / Arc 1950 & 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, flying to Geneva this Friday with the family in tow. Our flight gets in late so we are staying at the Airport Novotel over night. It's too late for the hotel shuttle bus, therefore is my best/least extortionate option to get a taxi from the French side?

We are heading to Arc 1950. Due to the kids skiing with us parents in the afternoon this year we have the option for some on-mountain lunches after ski lessons. Anywhere recommended? Also we're up for venturing to 2000 for dinner a couple of times, given our experience in 1950 is that the restaurants are rather bland and over priced. I know from other recommendations the pizza place is good for a sly takeaway, but are there other good family options of a night?

Looking forward to the week. Snow forecast all week, but hope we see the sun a couple of times too!

Thanks
M
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about getting the train to Bourg St Maurice?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@munter, The restaurant under La Cime des arcs in Arc 2000, I think it is called the Savoie, is good. We had a nice lunch there. We also liked les chalets de l'arc on the piste above Arc 2000 which is open a couple of nights a week - you'd need to book. You can walk there from Arc 2000 in 10 minutes. It is a few years since we stayed in Arc 1950 but my recollection is that the better restaurant there was la vache rouge opposite manoir savoie.

On the mountain the bulle restaurant (think that is its name) near the igloo on the piste is good value but a limited menu. There is a nice restaurant on the way to villaroger but all skiers need to be able to do a red for that. I also liked la grillette in Arc 1800.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Be prepared for taxi drivers refusing to take you. They sit in the queue for ages and don't want short fares - we had a guy turf us out because he didn't want to queue back up again. Might be a little different if it's later on, hopefully.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're flying out this Sunday to Les Arc 2000. I have enjoyed dinners with the family at-

In 2000 - le Savoy
In 1950 - Vache Rouge, Luigis

I would not worry about the snow forecasts. Some are showing snow, but not all week. Have fun.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In the end our flight was delayed so we missed last nights connecting flight to Geneva and we ended up on the red eye out of Heathrow first thing this morning. One good aspect of this was there was no need to mess about with taxis in Geneva, but instead I have the future enjoyment of claiming last nights hotel stay back from BA!

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations will be sure to try some of them over the next week.

M
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy