Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement for Rossignol Bandit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just ripped the binding mount out of my Rossignol Bandit's. Repair shop say's they can't be repaired (27 weeks on them so probably about time to replace). As I'm out in EK at the moment might as well try a replacement pair. Can anyone recommend a similar ski?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sailskibum, Bandit 1 (74mm) 2 (78mm) or 3 (83mm)?

1s or 2s - Rossi Pursuits (of some description) - 3s, Rossi Experience (of some description). Given that skis are generally rather wider these days you could reasonably go wider than the Bandits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where do you usually ski...and if you go Off Piste, how often would that be?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies they were the SC80's, but bought as a replacement for the B2's which were nicked. Dabble around with off piste but quite liked them as seemed to be versatile in most conditions. Not a high speed piste cruiser so don't mind something that compromises speed over being soft and forgiving for an aging pair of legs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, yes, I just thought you wanted something similar. @Old Fartbag, asks a better question. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PS, 27 weeks for Bandits is almost certainly a world record. Not really known for their longevity! Nor being particularly, errr, demanding.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sailskibum wrote:
Apologies they were the SC80's, but bought as a replacement for the B2's which were nicked. Dabble around with off piste but quite liked them as seemed to be versatile in most conditions. Not a high speed piste cruiser so don't mind something that compromises speed over being soft and forgiving for an aging pair of legs.

Depending on width:
Scott The Ski
Atomic Vantage 90 CTi
Rossignol Experience 84
Scott Black Magic

Remember, you have only used skis with a full camber. Once you go away from a Piste Ski, you start getting more Rocker at the Tip and probably at the Tail....this makes Off Piste easier, but may not be to your liking on the groomed stuff.

All the skis I've listed, have more Rocker than a normal Piste ski. This is something that you will have to try for yourself. The Black Magic is a Piste Ski, but Scott have given it more Rocker than is normal, which means engaging the tips for turning is more difficult.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 27-03-18 16:32; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
to replace the SC80 you want something that,

"A day on the mountain attracts Phantom users like water in the desert for a reason. There's no better way to take on a pitch than on a ski that was built to attack the steeps without remorse. Burly construction, all-mountain carving waist, and extraordinary stability will keep you hiking back into the bowls for more. Designed for the do-it-all in-and-out-of-bounds enthusiast, the Rossignol Phantom SC80 Skis excel in fresh snow, crud and have amazing grip on hardpack, which make these skis the ultimate all-mountain tool for any snow condition."
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That would sound like them. Would help if I new a little more about my equipment.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy