Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Meribel DIY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Short and sweet, in both trip duration and report length.

We went on Thursday last, 22nd March for 5 days, with skiing Fri Sat Sun, returned Monday 26th.

Flew easyjet from BHX on strike day, not affected at all.

Transfer again with Snowbound, 65E pp each way for a shared transfer. About our 6th transfer with them, and they were excellent as always. No waiting, and to the door.

Accomodation was an airbnb, 25sqm, with a separate bedroom. All as advertised, about a (stiff) 5min walk to the Golf lift.

We stayed at Meribel Village, and i couldn't get much sense out of the in-village ski hire shop via it's website (minimum 6 days to select) so we used SlideCandy. They were excellent- arrived within an hour at each end of our trip. The gear was clean and smooth, not raced nor rallied, and the cost seemed the same as in-store. I'll defo use them again.

We had a great eveing meal in the LDV, the Lodge du Village- they've had a busy summer, upgraded inside and out. Wifey fancies the Portetta in Courch 1650 for next year, so we skied over and had lunch outside- again not cheap, but good. (We had a lovely lunch at the Panoramic on the Saulire too, and my kidney scar is healing nicely Laughing )

Used online top-up of an old card for ski passes, and we went for 3 days Duo- a small saving. Worked without problem, so another thing to keep and remember next time.

The skiing- we are a cruiser/go places couple, late to skiing. We must have had the best 3 consecutive days of the season- it was wonderful. Never queued for more than about 3 chairs in front, more usually walk straight on. The snow (to our unskilled eyes) was the best we have seen in 4 years anywhere; and in all 3 valleys.

All in all, a great place and trip. Not cheap Sad but we'll be going again. Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 27-03-18 17:58; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliegolf,

Thank you. A concise but very good report. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good to read, we are headed out on the 8th
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How does the top up work?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DavidYacht wrote:
How does the top up work?

If you have a skipass from your last trip, you go onto Merinet, enter the number on the pass (about 16 numbers long I think), select the type of pass you want- eg 6 day adult Duo pass- and pay. It's re-charging the card, rather than topping up, I guess. It means not having to go to the lift pass office and waiting in line. You also save a whopping 3 euro for a new card!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy