Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere trip review - Ski Val Catered Chalet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I have recently taken a trip to Val D'Isere with 12 friends. We went with the tour operator Ski Val in a catered chalet, half board, flights and transfer for around £800 pp. Food was good and chalet hosts were knowledgeable. The rooms were tight to say the least (if you were an average sized human), but I guess you pay for just being in Val D'Isere. I have written a blog on my website

http://batterseaski.co.uk/val-disere-resort-review/

A few of my favourites:

Ski areas - La Face, The Eye of the Needle (Tignes), Glaciers

Food - La Caserole, Tete de Solaise, L’escale Blanche

Apres Ski - Follie Douce, Cocoricos

Interested to hear any other recommendations on places to ski, restaurants and apres ski bars!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great TR, and agreed! Pricey but SO worth it. Just got back today after a fantastic week staying in Val, I will miss it until next year.

Cocorico and the Folie are indeed the best afternoon apres.

For evening beers try the Moris bar, great bands on every night (especially the Dominos). Petit Danois also has live music but is full of seasonaires.

If you really want a late one, go to Dicks Tea Bar - legendary.

Another great run is Arcelle - it's a cracking red in the Solaise sector.

The Sache black down into Les Brev can be gorgeous, unfortunately it wasn't when I did it on Friday!!

We ate in La Casserole too, very very nice. Another one to try is Le Lodge.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@joeyg, great TR and blog, thanks. Sounds good value for chalet that time of season.

+1 for Face and Arcelle (late morning).
Top of Grande Motte leftish all down Double M into Claret.

Soft spot for Epaule de Charvet but seem to be in minority.

Itinerary runs either side Col de Ves chairlift, Palet sector of Tignes.

For simple lunches when not stopping too long, Glacier above La Fornet. Sun Bar near bottom of Solaise gondola with terrace views of Face de B. One at top of Chaudannes chair from Le Lac (Solie or similar?).

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh and if you’re in Fornet on a sunny day it has to be Edelweiss near the bottom of the Mangard blue. Spectacular views from the terrace.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Great TR, and agreed! Pricey but SO worth it. Just got back today after a fantastic week staying in Val, I will miss it until next year.

Cocorico and the Folie are indeed the best afternoon apres.

For evening beers try the Moris bar, great bands on every night (especially the Dominos). Petit Danois also has live music but is full of seasonaires.

If you really want a late one, go to Dicks Tea Bar - legendary.

Another great run is Arcelle - it's a cracking red in the Solaise sector.

The Sache black down into Les Brev can be gorgeous, unfortunately it wasn't when I did it on Friday!!

We ate in La Casserole too, very very nice. Another one to try is Le Lodge.

Agreed, it is worth the extra money to be in Val D. We popped in the Moris to watch the football one afternoon, a good recommendation but quite warm if in full ski gear!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
('@PeakyB, ') Thanks. Yes, we booked the whole chalet so we got a bit of a discount. First week in March so we managed to avoid the half term holiday rush which helps too.

Enjoyed the Glacier spot near La Fornet for a vin chaud stop, good recommendation. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy