Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Photochromic or Prizm lenses for sunglasses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I prefer sunglasses to goggles and I'm thinking of investing a new pair, but I can't decide whether to go photochromic (Oakley or Julbo camelon) or with the prizm lenses.
They are primarily for spring trips to Italy. I've read that the prizm lenses are better in flatter light as they help increase contrast. Whaddya think? Ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got Oakley prizm lenses for Christmas. Excellent for sunshine but also decent in low light. I got the Turbines with dark lenses.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m a great fan of the Oakley Prizm goggle lenses, so when it came to look at replacing my touring sunglasses, I looked at the Oakley Prizm range.

I already had the Jawbreaker Photochromic for mountain biking, especially night riding, which are brilliant working from literally sunlight to night time. I bought the Jawbreaker Prizm Snow which is the same lense as the Sapphire Prizm goggle, and I have to say it lives up to my expectations, providing startling clarity.

Since they are a white frame with blue reflective lenses, you shouldn’t be out posed by the Italian’s Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PowderAdict, @boabski, thanks guys. I too have the Photochromic Jawbreakers for biking. I can't decide on another pair with the prizm lenses or to go for the Wind Breaker 2.0s instead, which are more of a goggle look, but might work better when conditions deteriorate - and so not bother carrying goggles. Mmmm decisions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@OTS, I tried a pair of Wind Jacket’s, which I think is what you mean, and they really didn’t fit, leaving wide gaps on my cheeks and at the sides.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PowderAdict, aye, wind jackets not wind breakers. I’m going for the jawbreakers, just can’t decide on the colour and if I can pull the white off Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not tried the Prizm lenses in anger but now on my second pair of Julbo aerospaces'.
I have looked through the O's and they seem very clear in the high white light of the mountain.
My main criteria for googles is low to mid light which the Jublo light red zebra seems to cope with, also the aerospace system just nail fogging issues for me.
Sunnies for the super high key of an unclouded sun as also way too hot to wear goggles when the current is in full effect.
Still on the Julbo tip the Montebianco with a Cameleon lens unless you are waiting at the gate wearing racing lycra when the jawbreaker/windjackets might look a little more appropriate... Big Wink Big Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Super Steezy, I agree on the Cameleon lenses as I had them in my previous Jublo Explorer 2.0 glasses. Strangely I didn't get on at all with the Jublo lenses in their goggles which I tried before the Prizm lenses were released.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello, long term lurker here!

I was in exactly the same situation, hugely preferred sunglasses to goggles but during a trip to Tignes a few weeks ago there was a very flat light day and my old ‘Trespass’ goggles were just horrible, it was like looking through patterned glass.

So I bought a pair of Oakley Airbrake goggles with the Prizm Jade Irridium lenses and the Prizm Rose (I think) lenses.

The Rose Prizm lenses were superb, should have bought them ages ago, could see so much better in flat light (up to a point) and I really noticed the difference compared to a friend who was stuck with a cheaper pair of lenses, I could see far better.

The big change was when the light recovered later in the week, I switched to the Jade Prizm lenses to see what they were like, thinking I’d revert to my sunglasses after an hour or so (sunglasses are Oakley Holbrook Jade Iridium, not Prizm).
BUT I never went back to the sunglasses, the ventilation and visibility was so much better on the goggles I was a complete convert.

So yes, decent lenses are a worthwhile investment, Oakley Prizm particularly good (I’m sure other premium options are equally decent).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well in a bit of a turnaround, I've ordered a pair of the Julbo Montebianos with the Cameleon lenses. Lets see how they pan out.
Thanks all. Oh and it's glorious in Perth at the moment, so I'm going to talk a half day and head to Glenshee NehNeh Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was rubbish
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just bought some Jublo Aerospace Cameleon goggles and I must say so far they are great. Even in low light I still have some definition.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Montebiancos have arrived and look good. I need to try them in anger on the snow, but the fit feels OK. Thanks all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy