Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow chains, Grenoble - or Aime

Poster: A snowHead
Flying into Grenoble Sunday, looks like I'll need chains, any ideas on a good place to buy them ? Maybe at Aime ?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 16-03-18 23:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not Geneva as in the title then?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Driving out of GNB, instead of joining the main road, carry straight on and there’s a big supermarket immediately on your right.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Supermarket at the airport might close at 1230 on Sunday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buy before Aime - you often need them before then.

Most service stations have them BUT may not have the right size.

Buy early in your journey rather than later.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eblunt, i'm not so sure you'll need chains. Where are you going?
The forecast precipitation has been gradually downgraded with every new bulletin.
Possibly 12cm today, less tomorrow.
It is snowing lightly now here in La Plagne, but the road up is clear, as are the main roads round the resort (where the bus goes).
The road up to Tignes was clear yesterday.
Then, of course, you have to get out next weekend (?) - yet again: no major snow forecast for the coming week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For the maximum choice buy early as possible, Socks are perfectly adequate as well.

Most (if not all) supermarkets wont be open on Sunday - may be better to bite the bullet and rent them at the car hire desk.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You're welcome.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eblunt wrote:
Flying into Grenoble Sunday, looks like I'll need chains, any ideas on a good place to buy them ? Maybe at Aime ?

Sunday? France? Hmmm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonpim, Driving up to Belle Plagne. Would very much appreciate it if you can give me a road report later on today.

I'm inclined to see if I can get up, and if not will leave the car in Aime and get the Navette up. To be honest that's going to save me €100 in parking and chains ....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eblunt, sorry, only just seen your post. It snowed gently all day here in 1800, but wet stuff, and the bit of road we can see (1800 Bas) has been clear all afternoon. Snow now stopped. Not much forecast for tomorrow.
BUT meteobleu suggesting significant snow next Saturday. Other sites disagree.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonpim, Thanks , will be hoping to drive up early tomorrow afternoon
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eblunt, no overnight snow. Road completely clear at 1800. Imagine road clear to Belle Plagne. Maybe some snow this afternoon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, Thanks for the info, the only flaw in the plan is that I've been stuck at the airport for 5 hours now Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eblunt, oh dear! Crying or Very sad
Past 5pm now - hope you managed to make it to Belle Plagne. Just started to lightly snow, but roads still clear.
What caused the delay?

Edit: just read your post on La Plagne thread - silly me thought your delay was at Grenoble, but of course it is Mini Eastie Beastie that is causing you trouble in UK.
Hope you get a flight soon. For once would be better to fly from Scotland - friends from Tignes got home fine flying to Glasgow. Not so good if using Bristol.
Which airport you?
ski holidays
So, eblunt, did you make it after all?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy