Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selling Used on Ebay Query.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking of selling one of my little used snowboards on ebay but after having had a look nobody seems to be buying anything, same for skis. I'm not a regular ebay user but I looked at auction results/ending soonest and I couldn't even find a single board or skis with a bid. Is this usual or is it too late in the season?

It's a 2016 Rossignol Jibsaw 153 with 2 weeks use btw.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found one straight away, I'm sure there are others: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKL-SKIS-SCOTT-POLES-AND-SALOMAN-SKI-BAG/112848014007?hash=item1a46440ab7:g:~wsAAOSwIClamukB

I sold a pair of used bindings on ebay a couple of years ago no problem.

You can set a minimum price you are willing to accept, and it won't sell to any bids below that if that's of interest?
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BoardieK, there is a lot of crap on ebay. I've been looking for some ski's for my kids (small adult size skis) and there is a lot of old skinnies or chewed up guff on there. I have had successes in the past though. I've bought a snowboard, skis, boots.

There are a few alternatives. Gumtree and their ilk. Facebook groups. You could stick them on here, there is a board for selling stuff.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Theres 410 sets on skis in auction format on ebay at the moment. Maybe check youre filters?
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BoardieK, There's a shed load of rubbish on Ebay, and a lot of it overpriced. Most of it old rubbish, pretty much out-dated. A lot of sellers paid too much for their skis in the first place and are desperate to get a good portion back to fund their next expensive purchase. Don't expect a lot for your board. Crying or Very sad

However, if you know your skis, there can be some decent buys.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've bought a couple of pairs of skis on ebay in the past, both really good. I've always tended to look for private sellers with good photos. Also sold some skis.
I think that really if you want to sell the answer is always to make it a good pitch. so good photos, bit of tech info, realist is assesment of condition, and past useage.
work on getting a good carriage price. there are people out there who will buy, but as @BoardieK sys you need to stan out as a good deal, and make it easy for prospective purchasers to decide, and bid. And really don't have a crazy price expectation, particularly at this stage in the season.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having looked again I think I'll just hang onto it. A quick scan and I still can't find a single bid on any of the used boards and only two bids on skis so; yes a lot is rubbish not worth bidding on, but also no buyers for anything decent.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BoardieK, we need to get a lot of skis for friends and family.

Some I buy new in the March sales.
Some I get through the trade.
Some I get from eBay.

A selection of eBay experiences:

Line 131 for kids. 90gbp described as three weeks use. Absolutely trashed; core shots, top sheet holes down to wood. Complained, and it turned out that a young daughter had hijacked a father's account and he was very embarrassed by it. He immediately offered a partial refund or return, which was kind of him. I accepted a 30gbp refund. They've been used and useful.

Line 178 for Ant. Excellent, 95gbp. Good experience.

Salomon 145s for me to hack around with the kids. Described as completey cr+p by seller. Very accurate description. Paid 22gbp. They were completely cr+p. Threw away the bindings, put on some from the spares box. But they had good edges and good camber. Filled the terrible scratches, expoxied up the core shots on the top sheets. Designated them as rock skis. These did thousands of KM for me. Brilliant. Now used by my daughter. She refused to use them, but I stuck on pink flowers and now she loves them. No gender stereotyping in our household...Probably paid 0.000000000001p per km.

New 100 K2s for son, no bindings. 10gbp. Truly excellent.

Used 110 Rossignols for son, pink and orange, great condition, never been serviced, bases good - he hated them I stuck skulls all over them. He still hated them. He's now on 148 Volkl Gotamas - he still hates the Rossignols when he sees them - 'I hate those skis' he says....always. They were 40gbp. Excellent.

K2 Twintips - x2 129 and 139 - excellent condition - 80gbp and 90gbp. Absolutely great skis, loads of edge, bases excellent, bindings super. Great all round.

Line Chronics - 160s - advertised as excellent - and were - 120gbp. Worth it. Nice skis.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BoardieK, how much are you after for it?
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
£140. I have some photos if interested, vgc.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have sold 3 pairs of decent skis and one pair of boots on ebay. Got ok prices for 2 pairs of skis and got unbelievably good prices for the boots and the other pair of skis.

Timing is everything, hit either the pre new year or pre halfterm madness with all of them. Also got a good price for snowchains pre half term.
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr G bought a used board about 3 weeks back, bid on several, watched several more but they went out of his price range. So as dar as we're concerned they're still selling fine. Bindings are also still going well and for good prices.
Your price isn't unreasonable if it's a good condition and pretty recent board IMHO - but things are worth what people will pay. Getting near end of season, but folk are still wanting boards for indoors or just because they want one and think they might get a good deal now. Also, if less for sale, yours has a better chance of being picked.
There's no harm in listing it, is there? Good photos, full and informative description and postage are essential: so many skis and boards have 'collection only' ( I won't even look at those) and don't say anything about the flex, design (e.g. twin tip, directional), target user (inc ability, height/weight) etc etc.
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy