Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bag Suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Newbie here so first off a massive hello to all!

Just back from first week ski trip in Bulgaria and have the bug! Both myself and OH loved it, both took to skiing and I have also got the snow board bug even more than skis! We ended up buying our own skis and boards in resort with the help from our instructor and got a massive deal!

Question for you all is, I want a bag that will hold both a full set of skis, poles, boots and also board and boots?

Have looked at the Lokker Double Team for around £90 and just wondered if this is will do the job for me?

Other half is looking for one that will be fine for single ski set but will stand upto airline handling as both our “free” bags have been ripped by the airline!!

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome.
I had a Lokker bag, I think the same as the Double Team. Was very spacious ( still is, lives under the bed with 2-3 pairs skis and/or couple of boards in it) but also very heavy ( can be issue when flying) and very bulky and long (ditto) compared to some other wheeled double bags ( I now use a Ride 176 double snowboard bag, ski boots in hold luggage, snowboard boots in either). But yes, that bag should take what you want to put in it - if it'll all get under the airline weight limit (20-23kg usually) is another issue.
And nothing will survive baggage handlers Sad My Lokker got ripped outer and damaged wheel; so has an old Ride and others.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Does your current bag hold a set of skis, poles, boots and a board and boots? I’d rather not put my ski boots in normal luggage as I found that the airline I went with only gives 20kg hold and 5kg hand luggage. They allow 15Kg for single ski bag 20kg for Double I think. (TUI was the airline)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kalwells, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

There are plenty of ski/board bags, and there is always a trade off between features/strength and weight. The heavier the bag in general the tougher it is, but the more of your airline baggage weight allowance you use.

I haven't heard of Lokker bags, but the Double Team mentioned is listed at 2.9Kg which is pretty light for ski bag, but the length at 170cm seems more like a Board bag than a ski bag. The Amazon reviews indicate that it might come up short in terms of length.

Many rate the Dakine bags - https://www.dakine.com/en-gb/bags/travel-bags/ski-travel-gear-bags/fall-line-ski-roller-bag/

Also the poorly named by good Douchebags - https://douchebags.com/the-douchebag
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kalwells, if you are transporting 2 sets of everything then weight is your problem. My Dakine Fall Line Double 175 weighs 3.9kg; with my skis & boots, plus my daughter's, it is bang on 20 kg. Neither pair of skis is particularly heavy, and her boots are very light (mine aren't). Depending on the airline, it takes our equipment and not much else, or some extra kit as well if the luggage allowance is bigger. At the 23kg limit it is a pain to handle, but manageable.
So far it's done 6 trips (most including a change of planes) and looks a bit worse for wear but has no significant functional damage.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kalwells, The current Ride double board bag takes a pair of skis with bindings on, 2 pairs poles, assorted bits clothing/food, tools etc, 2 helmets and either another pair skis & bindings or a board with binding tops removed ( use Flows). Will also take M24 snowboard boots and would have space for M24 ski boots as well. However, with an old long heavy board with heavy bindings and reasonable weight skis (+ odds & sods) we're already struggling to get below 23kg without boots ( 2 skis normally will get to just under 20kg; just).
I get my ski boots and Mr G's large heavy snowboard boots ( and sometimes mine too) into the hold luggage at under 20kg each: and we take a lot of medical, food and other stuff, and usually 2 jackets and 2 trousers each, that a lot of others don't.

If going with TUI have you worked out that 2 separate bags gives you 10kg more for only about £20 more than a double bag? ( well, it did last year) Basic strong but lightweight snowboard bag and lots of bubblewrap! ( and wheeled hold luggage to carry it on top of).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That’s good to know! I think my problem is that we have the following:

Me: x1 set of skis, poles and boots.
Me: x1 snowboard & boots/bindings
Partner: x1 set of skis, poles and boots.

I was looking at a bag big enough for me to my stuff in (my helmet, jackets trousers etc all go in suitcase in the hood anyway)

Partner just needs their skis etc. So would I be better just using the trekker double bag for my stuff and then a separate bag for partners skis?

We bought all our stuff new last week in resort, so I ended up with 3 ski bags being booked in at £75 with TUI (£25 per bag, one way)

I’m just trying to work out best way forward for next season without two many bags.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kalwells, you're looking at 2 ski/board bags for all that lot, unless you put boots in your hold luggage (or carry on - do you really want to be without your boots if your luggage goes astray?). For comparison, when I'm on my own, I fit everything into my ski bag (no other hold luggage) and this usually weighs in around 22kg. Others will manage with less but I'm not carrying a lot I don't use. With the family (3 sets of skis etc) it's the double ski bag plus 2 suitcases, with weight to spare.

Bear in mind that different airlines have different baggage allowances (especially with skis - it's a minefield). We are almost always on scheduled flights so we pick airlines that allow us to transport skis for free, either as part of the normal allowance or on top.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have the fall line double @mgrolf mentions above and it's also used for storage of kit - it currently contains 3 boards (longest 161cm) without bindings attached, 1 set of board bindings, 1 pair of board boots and 2 pairs of skis (154cm). When we've flown with it, with 1 board, boots and bindings and 1 set of skis, it's close to the 23kg BA allowance as we usually cram it with our and the kids salopettes in it for padding. If my ski boots were in there too, it'd be way over. I doubt it would fit all you need and you might have to put 2 pairs of boots in other luggage but even so it's a very good bag!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kalwells, I have a 2m long Dakine bag which looks like its for x3 sets of skis.

This holiday I took my skis, my OH's skis, x2 sets of poles and a single ski boot and it weighed in at 21kg... The limit for most of the ski bags is 20kg. I'd guess you'll be struggling to fit all of the above in one bag. Size wouldnt be the problem, weight will likely bite you! (£25 a bag is pretty good compared to Easyjet @£35 each way!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi
Thanks for your thoughts. I think people are missing what I am saying. I am looking to take a pair of skis, poles and boots plus my snowboard and boots in one bag. My partner will have their own ski bag for skis boots and poles.
The question of the forum experts was is the trekker team double bag big enough to take both my ski kit and snowboard kit?
I’m happy to pay the charges for ski carriage it’s just that having both my skis and board kits together is easier than two separate bags.
Does that help?
Thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowboard flat. Skis flat side by side on top of board, Boots top n tailed each end will just about fit in a double roller coffin.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Kalwells, yes they'll fit but there is a good chance you will be over the airline's weight limit with 2 complete sets of kit in 1 bag.
Your partner's skis, poles and boots in a separate bag is easy (space and weight).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy