Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Guardian binding woes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son has a pair of Salomon Guardians, which were bought in Autumn 2013, so they aren't exactly new. However, he never had the money to get skins, so the bindings only got used in touring mode for the first time in last week's snow in the Peak District. After about 3 hour's use, the aluminium bars that connect the toe and heel piece sections of the binding snapped. Due to the way the binding is constructed, there is no spare part available to fix them. The young lady at Salomon was very polite and helpful, but ultimately she said there is no option but to buy new bindings.
Ironic that my son's finally got the skins, but now doesn't have the bindings to be able to use them.
Has anyone had any similar experience with Guardian ( similar) bindings breaking?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They tend to have a weak point towards the toe end of the "rails" - if snow builds up under the toe (common in wet, sticky snow - Peak District?) then as the heel comes down you end up flexing the bars over the snow build up rather than them rotating around the hinge point. Does that make sense?? As the rails are quite long (i.e. the length of the sole of your boot), and the build up of snow tends to be right under the toe, you can put a lot of force into the bars.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mmm, that makes some sense. The girl at Salomon as now got the southern area sales manager looking into it for us though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a common issue, as with the toe mounting bracket breaking.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, so is there any kind of fix other than buy a different binding next time?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
karin wrote:
@spyderjon, so is there any kind of fix.....

Nope
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy