Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen - Hotel Strolz VS Hotel Strass Garni

fizzer
fizzer
Family holiday to Mayrhofen 22nd Dec 2018 for 1 week. 2 adult skiers 1 child skier aged 8.
2 adults (In-laws) both non skiers. Have stayed at Hintertux a couple of times so we know the area pretty well.

We are down to 2 hotels and I am after some direct feedback from anyone if possible.

1 Hotel Strolz on outskirts of town looks really good however long way from lifts & town centre etc but looks like quiet area which is important. Ski bus passes right by however is this the same ski bus that goes all the way to Hintertux & Finkenberg? Or would we have to change in town?

2 Hotel Strass Garni in centre of town next to Penkenbahn lift. However adjoining hotel Sports Strass has a nightclub. Is this a problem re noise. Not necessarily the club itself but folk coming & going talking under balcony General noise etc

Am fancying the town centre option but do not want to be kept awake especially my daughter. We will enjoy a bit of apres but the skiing is by far the priority.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fizzer, can't beat the Strass for location or anything else for that matter. The spa is great, although some nudity is involved Shocked . (Kids aren't allowed in that bit. The swimming pool is fine and in the clothed area.) We didn't have a problem with noise from the club but some people are noisy just walking down the street! If you go to bed early, keep your window closed unless/until you wake up hot. Hopefully, it will be after everyone has gone home.

No idea about the Strolz, sorry.
ski holidays
 fizzer
fizzer
Thanks @maggi, that'll be the strass then I think. Yes there are noisy people everywhere it seems! I don't expect silence just civilised. Looking forward to getting it booked.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you stay at the Strass or anywhere else on the high street, it can be very noisy if you have a room on the main street side. The night club is the least of your worries, singing/shouting drunks are the problem (not a particular Mayrhofen problem, we had it bad in St Anton in Jan before moving rooms). So if you can stipulate a room at the back of the hotel it will be fine.

If you can't then I wouldn't take the gamble, being kept awake by drunks every night can spoil a holiday. By comparison the Strolz will be quite, unless you are there during snowbombing week.

We have spent 3 or 4 weeks in the various parts of the Strass over the years but have always managed to get a room at the back which has been fine.

Something to note is that the food there is not great, good at best which is disappointing for what is meant to be a 4*.

Your ski bus from the Strolz will be the local one, not the Hintertux bus which stops just outside Manis or up past the bridge, strangely it doesn't stop at the Penken.
latest report
 fizzer
fizzer
We're not going to St Anton though. We don't want fancy food, good will do just fine. Snowbombing week is not at xmas I am led to believe. Thanks for the info in particular the buses.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oops, somehow I missed your dates, my guess is that Christmas week will be one of the quieter ones with perhaps more families than groups of party goers.

Also, if you book indirectly via a TO, then call/email the hotel directly after your booking and ask for a room at the back, I have always found the Strass pretty accommodating.
snow report
 fizzer
fizzer
Cheers. We'll be going through a TO. I would prefer the town centre location near the lift tbh I don't particularly like ski buses but will obviously use one up to Hintertux. Two however is pushing it a bit.

But then I like drunks even less. Especially loud ones.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our Inghams people last month said that the Strass only allocates rooms the week before arrivals, so they couldn’t do anything to influence location other than ask for a move - Perhaps JimboS gets special treatment? wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't ask the TO, email the hotel direct with a very polite and friendly tone.

Here is a typical email and response, they dont give a gaurantee, however this way we have always ended up with a room away from the high street.

Quote:
Dear Mr.Stuart,

thank you for E-mail.

We made a notice of your room request and try to fullfill your room wish that you will have a pleasant stay with us but we can`t promise you anything.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel.

Kind regards from Mayrhofen

Sport & Spa Hotel Strass

Familie Roscher & Team

Diana

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: <jimstuart>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Februar 2016, 21:26:26
An: <info>;
Betreff: room position for holiday booking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I have booked two rooms in the Villa Strass for this Easter with Crystal Ski, see below.

Having been on holiday to Mayrhofen around 30 times before, I am aware that the main street can occasionally be noisy.

I would therefore like to request rooms at the back of the Villa. I would be most appreciative if this would be possible.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy