Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is Isola 2000 like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at going on 1st April, with the family. It is suspiciously cheap but we are pretty strapped for cash this year. Please can I have some opinions about the resort at this point. I will ski anything, my family are beginners. Daughters are 3 and 7. Does anyone know the likely hood of snow sure, that is my biggest concern so far south and so late in the season. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should be enough snow - there's been plenty there this season. Might be icy / slushy depending on the weather that week, but I reckon it's a good bet for late season due to its altitude.

Ski area isn't massive - 120 km claimed but I'd be sceptical about that figure. Depends what's important for you I guess...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied at the end of April. Snow was fine but the few south facing slopes were closed. There are some interesting bunkers. The ski area is ok for a week, interesting I thought.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tarka, may be OK but late for so far south with reputation (claim) of 300 sunny days a year,
I’d be tempted to leave it really last minute, if your circumstances allow. You may well pick up a bargain somewhere with better snow at similar price to pre-booking Isola.
Great late deals seem to be returning, after being a bit scarce last season. I realise psychologically tricky, when young kids included. We did it many times when son young. Well worth holding nerve and got some brilliant late bargains.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val Cenis is a good budget option and probably a bit more snow sure at that time of year. We went there self drive with Peak Retreats who I'd recommend. Their sister company ski collection offers Isola so you could contact them to find out if it is likely to be good at Easter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've only visited once and it was a long while ago (2004!) but it was OK in March and although a little limited for the mileage hound that I was then, I reckon the resort will have enough pistes for you with young children.

And if it turns out to have got suddenly very hot and all the snow is gone (which would seem unlikely, given how much snow has fallen this winter) then you can get to Nice in a couple of hours by public bus, for a stroll along the promenade!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the tips folks. We are sat here with the laptop about to hit the book button. I am tempted with the last minute thing. It's a strong call with all the family in tow though!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hope you've made it here. Ski conditions are fantastic at present. Most snow in April for ages and has snowed past couple of days. Resort is supposed to shut in two weeks but locals want it extended as so good, and more snow forecast in the coming week.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
simonpa wrote:
Hope you've made it here. Ski conditions are fantastic at present. Most snow in April for ages and has snowed past couple of days. Resort is supposed to shut in two weeks but locals want it extended as so good, and more snow forecast in the coming week.

Do you think that's likely or just a vain hope ? I am sort of passing that way on 16th. or 17th. April and it's somewhere I wanted to visit. I guess I will have to keep an eye on the website.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Honestly don't know. A ski instructor has said they are petitioning for it, and is shutting slightly earlier than normal. They have extended the season in the past, but suppose it depends on contracts, staff availability etc. Is fantastic conditions at present so would be a shame to close in 2 weeks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok thanks @simonpa, I will just keep an eye on the website. I might possibly have the chance to go there on Friday 13th. Laughing so will try and make it work one way or the other.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, thanks for all the replies. We ended up booking for Morzine but will bear all the advice in mind next year.

Thanks. Edward.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Next Easter is a problem! Our kids holidays are right at the end of April, and the resort is supposed to be closed. Same for French schools I believe. Not sure many resorts are open at that time so might have to consider other options or February half-term.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy