Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skiing in Austrian Alps in late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello there,
I am planing a solo trip to the Austrian Alps and, as it's so late in the season, it has to be a glacier. I am now torn between Kaprun and Stubai. Both have prons and cons. I am also limited to places where there are still group courses organised. I skied before but the last time I had skis on was about 7 or 8 years ago so a refresher is necessary. Also, as I am travelling alone, it would be nice to ski with a group of people there as well.
Would anyone recommend one of these two places or strongly discourage from it?
Your thoughts will be welcome.
Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cant help with skiing companions but would suggest you look at Ischgl. It is normally open until the 1st May (holiday in Austria & Germany, they usually organise an open air concert for that day with a well known music act). The valley runs will probably be closed by the end but a good deal of the resort will be open. I would guess the ski school should be open all season. The resort is quite expensive though late season there are lots of hotel deals and the lift pass is cheaper. It has a large variety of skiing and is high, the mid station is at over 2000m and the top of the skiing is well nigh 3000m though there is no glacier. If you are looking at the glaciers the Zillertal is another option. From a resort perspective Kaprun is possibly best simply because the village is at the bottom of the main lift rather than being a bus ride up the valley. Take lots of sun cream.......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Praline197,
Welcome to snowheads.
Take a look at the forum below, may help if you are looking for a ski buddy.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=19
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ischgl.
Hintertux.
Kaprun.
Davos.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks to all of you who came up with suggestions. I am going to Kaprun as a safe bet for late April. It will be exciting, though, planning my next year's skiing holidays. So many places to go, so little time... Work keeps getting in the way Happy

Cheers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy