Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin/Sauze d'Oulx transfer 1st and 8th March

Poster: A snowHead
Im flying in to Turin 0930 Sat 1 March (returning following Sat) and need to find a transfer from airport to Sauze.

I am aware of the bus/train/bus option but am saving that as last resort as I am carrying several sets of skis.

Anyone recommend a reasonable transfer (two of us travelling) or bus etc from the airport??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andyman, have you tried these? http://www.alpine-transfer-company.com/transfer-towns/sauze-d-oulx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They often have spare seats listed on their news page too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells, enquiry sent, thanks Smile

Did have a look on their News page but this weekend only Serre Ch, will obviously check next week
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, gulp, €185 for a one hour transfer Shocked Methinks Ill be getting the Bus/Train option....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Contact these people & ask who they use.
http://www.sportinia.it/
I have stayed there many times, they use a local taxi company & its always been good value.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyman, obviously a private one then, and not part of their shared service. Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells, sorted Smile

Found these people www.cavourese.it who do a twice daily coach from the airport (1130 and 1830) for the princely sum of €34. Result, and as it happens the journey time is only one hour whereas the bus/train/bus journey albeit €25 was not only a hassle with luggage but would have taken over two hours (and that's assuming good connections!)

Thanks all for you assistance Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andyman, that's a good price.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll be checking those links any other cheap transfers folks know about.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You may be able to book a lift with Crystal. I know of others who have done it in other countries, and they were happy to take me back from Sauze to Turin in January - think they charged €25 if I recall correctly.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HI, Sorry to butt in but... could you let me know if the 34euro is return or each way? I'm thinking its probably each way. We are going in Feb and as a family of 5 its almost always cheaper to hire a car but I'd much rather be driven if I can find something affordable.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we're heading over at the end of Jan for a few days, 4 of us. I'm thinking it has to be cheaper and more convenient to rent a car?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It usually cheaper but not always convenient if there's a long queue or you have to faff with snow chains. Usually we park up for the week but it sounds like it might be worth using the car in Sauze to do a day trip to montgenevre. I haven't been before but I've heard its worth doing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got this link off the Torino Airport for the bus. 34 EUR per person. I checked car hire, it wasn't cheaper than 5 x 34 EUR...

http://www.aeroportoditorino.it/en/passeggeri_en/trasporti_en/bus_charter_en.html

Leaves the airport at 11.30 and 18.00.

I will call Crystal. @nem, When are you going, we are going 21 Feb for a week. Booked at Orso Bianco. Very looking forward to this...our base is building up nicely!
snow report
@HeidiAmsterdam, please clarify. Is that 5 x 34 EUR...return, or 5 x 34 EUR...each way = 5 x 68 EUR . . .

And do the bus times correspond nicely with your arrival/departure times?
snow report
]@HeidiAmsterdam[/b], check this out on your dates from £100.0-150.00 for the week.

https://book.holidayautos.com/secure?searchURL=holidayautos.co.uk&clientID=482564&elID=1118223330029688206&tp=20141117_HA_0_TRANS_UK_BK&pickupID=137&returnID=137&pickupName=Turin%20-%20Airport&returnName=Turin%20-%20Airport&pickupDateTime=2015-02-21T10:00:00&returnDateTime=2015-02-28T10:00:00&age=30&curr=GBP&carGroupID=0&residenceID=GB&CT=AJ&referrer=0:&utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20141117_HA_0_TRANS_UK_BK#book[b][b
ski holidays
@northantsred,

That is 5 x 68 return... so you can get a car.

I've only had bad luck with car hire in Italy, and then wanting at 1500 EUR security deposit on my card, then surprise extra add on's at the rental counter. I'm pretty savvy with car hire, and was shocked at their mafia ways..

I won't need a car once I'm there as I'm staying at Orso Bianca, so at the top of the ski lift, with half pension, so a cheap transfer would be my preference. We are 1 adult and 2 children.
ski holidays
I sent the owner of Bianca Orso an e-mail, she said it was 65 pp, and thought that was one way, but that must have been a return transfer...if that is my return price, then I'll probably just do that.

and BTW, I'm arriving on the 20th, via AMS on the KLM flight arriving 22:30 (ugh) and leaving March 1st on a 10:50 flight to Paris where I have to transfer. those were 200 EUR per person... so far I'm up to 268 per person, and I haven't slept, skied or had anything to eat....
snow conditions
idid the Sauze to Monty trip in 1985 and i was defo worth it
so much i have never contemplated going back to Sauze and have had 2 trips to Monty last time in 2010
snow report
@deerman, Hi how did you arrange the transfer with Crystal? I've not had any luck on the phones with them, I've just rung them
latest report
@andyman, I'm also looking at doing the train and bus option, how did you get on? I'll have to get the first train at 5:30am

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 7-03-18 15:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Digkrs, this thread is 4 years old. Info is now very out of date.
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, I know but I've been looking for a while and there isn't much info elsewhere so I was just trying my luck here!

Do you know any info that could be of help? I'm just dreading missing flight if the train is late, need to be at Turin Airport for 8am
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy