Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should 17/18 Nordica Speedmachine and Sportmachine be so squeaky?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am looking for a new boot and I'm deciding between Nordica Speedmachine and Sportmachine series, seem to fit quite well, but they make quite loud squeaky sound when flexing them. I tried different pairs in different shops, but result was the same. Did not try it on piste, but only in warm shops, brand new.

Will the sound go away on cold or just with time, is there a good solution for it?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Squeaking boots means you're flexing your ankles when skiing ... so a good thing!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, but why don't the other brands squeak?

I really like it fit in them, but the sound really annoys me. Will it go away or at least reduce after some time?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Squeaks only go away once the footwear is paid for in full wink

Aunty kath's mad ideas number 34....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha, every thread about squeaking has this joke, another one about mice should come soon Very Happy

But seriously, do you think it will go away or I should look for another boot?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Holding no qualification in boot squeakery I can only offer an amateur opinion but it is my belief that the noise will go away, or you won't notice when you're skiing. If they fit, & are the right boot for you, don't fret for squeak or two.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have this years model, cant say I noticed.
I'll check and see how squeaky they are
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My speedmachines squeak when walking but don't notice it at all whilst skiing. Best boots I've ever had too. HTH
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy