Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nice greens and blues in Les Deux Alpes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to LDA for a week at the start of April. Any recommendations for nice greens and blues for the less adventurous in our group?

Having read some of the threads I have clocked that the green Demoiselles can be busy and slushy at the end of the day but looking for suggestions of which runs are good to do if there are folks who know the resort...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi. From memory, following the Jandri run all the way from the top is pretty straightforward-gentle'ish blue all the way with the odd pitch. Effectively just shy of 2000m vertical. Some of the blue Fee runs are easy too. Runs from the top of Toura are quite straightforward additionally (the Lac Noir pistes). The blue Signal is a wide open cruise, excellent snow. The blue Cretes is easy but busy at times. All of the blues on the Valle Blanche side are accessible but can suffer from sun exposure.

Hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure ClaudeB will be along to help, but I do recommend avoiding the green back and taking the gondola for the "less adventurous"!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
there are a lot of small green runs just at the base of the mountain, small button run greens. Demoiselles from the top is really a cat track, not very wide, very busy and can be icey, best avoided so take the bubble down.

Unless its changed all the runs down into the village from the mountain are dodgey, so best take the bubble.

As @kaybmack, says you can basically ski it all the way down from the top of the fenicular back to the bubble, long cruisey blues and you can go up to the glacier and ski that also nice and easy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A year or two back after quite drastically re-shaping the natural contours of the slope with excavators and bulldozers (to some criticism, warranted in my view) LDA created a blue piste down to the town. I'm sure Claude B can give you more info on this.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink wrote:
A year or two back after quite drastically re-shaping the natural contours of the slope with excavators and bulldozers (to some criticism, warranted in my view) LDA created a blue piste down to the town. I'm sure Claude B can give you more info on this.

The construction photos were very dramatic. They properly carved up the mountain...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can blue run it all the way down from the top of the funicular to the resort base (Jandri 4/3/2/1) and its a nice, long run. Demoiselles isnt 'that' bad, its just narrow and will have idiots on it, so if you really want to ski back then take the Jandri 1 piste (although this does allow you to ski back to the village chair if youre over that side of town). The blue down to signal from up top is ace, and usually quiet. If its busy I'd take the bubble down at the end of the day after a beer at the cafe next to Oeufs Blanc to avoid the gaggle of ski schools and frustrated parents, This is also next to the magic carpet so great for learners. For the more advanced I really rated the long red down from super Diable. Great for long super g turns and really opening the throttle up without the worry of a blue run linking in.
Enjoy, had a great week out there at the start of Feb and hope to go back in 2019.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The blue down from the funicular is a lovely wide blue run. As mentioned Signal 1 is a great blue as well. If you can do first lifts and get to the top then these two freshly groomed are a treat! The blue back to village is fine except at the end of the day you will find areas where snow has been scraped off and because of the mixed abilities some may find it a bit intimidating. Too many idiots blast down here when there are a lot of mixed abilities doing their last run of the day (so tired). Just a cautionary note, not trying to put you off.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I much enjoyed the various glacier runs (lapping the glacier chair lift) - also the bottom half of Thuit was always relatively empty - lovely early on for a bit of carving practise when it was all cordoroy, and at the end of the day we'd add a bit of variety by dropping down the lower half to avoid the crowds on the green Jandri, then taking cretes up and down its namesake.

Watch out for fee1 if you have any boarders with you - very flat in places, and beginners will be doing a bit of polling if they haven't kept their speed up.

The blue Jandri to the bottom is straightforward, but busy at end of day (and particularly so when pano bar has closed if you stay up for a drink) - it splits in two so you can easily get back to the gondola side, or cross all the way to the other end of town (we were down near the bottom end - just keep traversing till you get to the access piste.

If you're a bit more experienced, Valentin isn't too bad, though was a bit polished by the end of the day - found staying skiers left on the other side of the piste markers in the bumped up off piste much more straightforward (usually someone at the end of the day took a long slide sans skis ).

Ate a couple of time in the diable snack bar - really good cheap paninis/frites/drink for 10 euros - when others had lessons we'd get something across the road in le takeaway burger - cheeseburger/fries/coke for 6 euros.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@New to ski, The less experienced are advised to downride the gondola for the final section down to resort
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you all for all the advice and suggestions. Sounds like there are lots of great runs. Can’t wait to get there and try them out!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As a side note, the Vallee Blanche on the other side of the road is usually pretty empty and has some great little runs. Its also in the sun all day, so if its freezing like this week you'll appreciate the sunshine. If the conditions allows then take the run from the top of Pied Moutet all the down to Mont De Lans. There's some nice easy off piste options up there also that lead back onto the runs and through the trees.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy