Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski selection for forthcoming trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

After some opinions from the SH's regarding ski selection for a forthcoming trip.

Heading out to Tignes on the 25th March for a week. Realise that this is only really mid season for Tignes and that the snow is good this year but suspect that there may still be some softer snow / slush on the lower runs later in the day. Question is I own a pair of Salomon XDrive 8.0 FS and also some X-Wing Tornado TI's. I enjoy skiing both skis however which one in your opinion would be the best for dealing with any potential soft snow / slush scenario? Have not really skied either ski in these type of conditions.

Thanks all !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't comment on your specific skis, but as someone who skis a lot in soft snow and spring slush I enjoy playful wider skis best in those conditions. Plenty of tip & tail rocker and 100mm+ underfoot works well for me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree, fatter skis like the softer snow. But they may be a bit clattery first thing after the night freeze. Maybe wait and see what the weather is doing nearer the time. Cold=narrow, Warm=fatter

Or just take both
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The snow ain't going to be soft this week, so rent a pair of Head Magnums.
Ok then .. take the XDrives.
what colour are the X-Wings?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
X-Wings are the white and black one's. Fab skis for groomed slopes unsure of their slush busting potential. May be better off with the XDrives as they have a tip rocker.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy