Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which week - Val D'isere/Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Looking for some advice on which week to go to Val D'isere/Tignes over Easter.

I notice that French School holidays are 2nd week of the English school holiday's - w/c 7th April and was wondering if this will make it significantly busier compared to the 1st Week W/C 31st March.

We will be taking our children (5 and 7) for the first time so booking them into ski school but availability (can only get afternoons currently) for the 1st week is really bad and the 2nd week is fine for availability.

Obviously Easter is a bit earlier this year so it just everyone taking advantage of that - or should I not worry and assume both weeks are going to be busy either way?

Also - in terms of lessons - which is better nursery area - Val or Tignes - its been 10 years since i've been to either place so cant remember what the easy greens/nursery slopes were like? I hear that the Solaise area has been improved for beginners (though not sure a 5 and 7yr old will make it off the nursery slopes by the end of a week).

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My experience is that at that time of year you don't have the February crazy crowds. Its not overly busy and both Tignes and VdI have loads of capacity.

Re the nursery slopes it depends where you stay. With beginners I would prefer to stay in Val Claret and have access to the free beginners Bollin chairlift for the nursery slope.No button lifts here.You might consider staying at ski in ski out accommodation in VC so you won't be carrying 5 and 7s skis and can go back to the apartment for lunch. After gaining confidence you have easy access to the Green slopes in VdI via Borsat. You can also get to Grattalu which are confidence building slopes.

I also think Tignes VC gives the skiing parent more choice to head off in different directions while the youngsters are in school. You can drop and have a choice of 5 lifts in different directions. And that's what would sway it for me.

A friend recently returned from Val rightly commented that all the runs down to the valley are steep and hard runs. Even thought they may be graded blue they are reds and terrified the early intermediates he was with.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having skied a lot in both Tignes and val, and more recently teaching my 4 year old I would say val is the better bet for nursery slopes, all in one place, free lifts etc and depending how they go they can go up to the solaise nursery area, you are right though..... download as regardless of the colour of the slope on the map, not an area for learners to be.....new gondola is great too..... ps I am massive fan of Tignes but would still say val for your needs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would agree re: the nursery area at Val, they've really made an effort with the Solaise novice sector. You can start off at the Savonettes at the bottom then quickly progress up the mountain and get the bubble back down.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i am assuming that its still juts the village chair thats free, not to go up solarise and use the nursery area at the top?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GarryC, is spot on, in April it is much quieter and even school hols don't create much in the way of lift queues.

April skiing can be amazing. Lots of sunscreen normally required!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Savonnette and Village are free. You can also get a Solaise (Just for the gondola and the magic carpets at the top) pass for €36 a day.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, useful info. We have opted for the 2nd week due to ski school availability and flights work out cheaper than driving which is a bonus too. Just hope all that snow holds out now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy