Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

smartwool PHD socks - sizing question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking ordering some PHD ski socks from sportpursuit, but their size chart says:

large: EU 42-45
x-large: EU 46-49

Now my feet are the same size every day I wake up, but my shoes vary in size between 45 and 46 depending on the make (although occasionally a 47). For example ECCO shoes I'm definitely a 45, but in most other makes I'm a 46.

I feel that a 46-49 will be flapping around beyond my toes when wearing them (which isn't a sexy look in the boot room), but the 42-45 might make my toes feel cramped (although equally, being socks they might stretch beyond a 45).

So I'm leaning towards the large, but would appreciate any feedback for PHD wearers before I hit the "buy" button. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you'll be fine, I'm in the middle of size ranges for a medium sock, but thanks to the compression fit nothing is baggy. I reckon a large should do you, albeit you might wear through the toes quicker than most but I've rather have a tight and snug fit then a flapper!

edited cause i need coffee

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 21-02-18 15:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a 47 narrow foot and use smart wool in L. I recon it is more of the volume of your foot as opposed to length.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm a very wide 47 and have smartwool phd XL - they come up to my knee but I need the room in the foot. I'd concur with the others that say L would be right.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers everyone, trigger is pulled, large is on its way
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Because they have wool in them, if they are too big you just wash them on a slightly hot wash/tumble dry a bit and they shrink down just nicely. Mine are now a nice snug fit after a few years of use that had loosened them a little bit, after not really paying attention washing underwear and just chucking them in.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Buy small - I take a 42, but need the 38-41 ski socks from PHD. Don't want baggy socks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go with the large the xl will be too big
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy