Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for Volkl RTM 84

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I rented a pair of Volkl RTM 84 UVOs for a day this week, and loved them - accessible enough for me, easy to get on edge but stable through crud and happy enough to skid around too when necessary.

So now I have a problem: my plan has been to get a pair of piste (ish) skis and quiver killer them to share bindings with a wider, lighter pair for short tours & off piste (possibly with the new Saloon Shift binding when it's available next season). But I think to Volkls only come with a system binding, not flat? Anyone know differently, or have suggestions? It's a bit of a head vs heart debate for me (head says 85ish all mountain skis are what I need, heart would like an upgrade on my current soul riders plus a piste ski) and of course n+1 applies too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mgrolf, Not all Volkls come with rail bindings, but all the RTM range do. Check out the rest of the range Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bones, I tested the Kendo earlier this year and got on quite well with it but wasn't 100% convinced - it's on the maybe list at the moment. Also tempted by the 90eight but not found it to demo yet. The narrower all mountain skis all seem to come with a system binding though?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mgrolf, I agree with everything you say about RTMs. Love mine. Unfortunately I don't think you are going to find a solution to your problem though. Happy to be proved wrong.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mgrolf, I used to have the AC50 - which is now the RTM84, moved to the Kendo and much prefer it tbh. It performs the same on groomed stuff, good on crud with a bit more float in powder, lighter too - which makes it easier for boot packs Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy