Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goodness that's a big fox.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...was what we said when we saw a canid furry thing outside the chalet.

I had seen really big tracks - Alsatian size - around the chalet, and some very nasty excrement - meat and fruit seeds. Seemed bigger than the small foxes we get around the place. The animal we then saw was brown at the front end and grey at the back. There's a lot of nonsense about interbreeding of foxes and wolves - it IS possible - and we did have a wolf pair at Aminona for a while, before they discreetly were shot. But I am not leaping to wild assertions of seeing a fox/wolf hybrid, just shocked at the size of the specimen - any else with a brown-grey graduated fox sighting and something of this size?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, woolif!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Polar Bears and Grizzly bears interbreed, they have only ever found a few and a one or two of them were taken from the wild and put in to a circus... a long time ago.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was a direwolf! Send a raven!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
went to watch the Jean-Michel Bertand (vallee des loups) documentary in the summer, he doesn't say exactly where its set, just saying in the alps but i'm fairly sure it was around L2A. Even only following maybe 60% of it, it was still fascinating.

He's a bit weird though lol

Still only the one sighting in chamonix that i'm aware of which makes me a bit sad, i'd love to see one!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely wolves around Monetier, usually one or two sightings each winter, often around dawn on the Col du Lauteret or in the Val de Clarée. We've got a badger sett on the field behind us with an entrace down the culvert that runs along the edge of our garden. We did wonder why Lola was so interested in it, until one evening it ran across the path in front of us. As for the foxes, I haven't seen any that large.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@eddiethebus, good shout on the film. DVD ordered to watch on our next visit. I thought it had been filmed in the Italian Alps.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A wolf was hit by a train in Tamins at the bottom of the hill here a few days ago. They reckon it was part of the Calanda pack, one of only 3 packs in Switzerland
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells wrote:
@eddiethebus, good shout on the film. DVD ordered to watch on our next visit. I thought it had been filmed in the Italian Alps.

its possible. I just thought i recognised some of the areas around L2A, Tete de Lauranoure specifically.... I have been wrong before though!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@eddiethebus, I'll let you know when I've watched it. I know that some of the aerial shots were filmed elsewhere to disguise the real location of the wolves.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@eddiethebus, @Hells Bells, If you check IMDB it says that the film "La vallée des loups" was filmed in the French Alps.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@larry1950, the French equivalent mentioned the Italian Alps.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hells Bells, I haven't seen the film just gave the link but it does say the aerial photography was shot in a different valley to protect the site so maybe some was filmed in Italy as well.
FWIW I have seen wolves in a wildlife park but it was some time ago and I can't recall if they were pure grey or had some red in their coat.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells wrote:
Definitely wolves around Monetier, usually one or two sightings each winter,

If you pop into the Maison du Parc des Ecrins they will tell you all about Wolves in the area. AFAIK not many Wolves in the Ecrins national park because the cols are too high for them to cross. The body of a baby wolf was found in Vallouise mid January, probably injured by a passing car.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Apparently some wolf activity in the last few weeks on Rocher de diseur in Montgenevre. A few dead roe deer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy